SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Back in the fold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back in the fold Login/Join 
Picture of sunkist
posted
When the recession hit I was flattened and my Sigs were sacrificed. I have recovered and got the CZ bug and really enjoy my 75B 40's and 9's. Now at last, I'm replacing my old P239 .40 and I'm a happy camper! It was the most accurate and easy to carry EDC I've used. I had a couple 229's and a couple 226's and that 239. That was the one pistol that CZ couldn't fill the niche for me. I should have it by next weekend and I'll be on the range the same day!

"In The Land of the Blind, the One-Eyed Man is King."

Posts: 161 | Location: North Central Minnesota | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Welcome home son...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Heck yes!

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sunkist
posted Hide Post
I got my P239. It is a 2015 CPO and it looks like a brand new pistol right down to the smilies on the barrels, 40/357 Sig. It has slide rattle but only when empty. The barrel is tightly fitted to the slide. As soon as I put a loaded mag in, it is rock solid and is solid without a mag with a round chambered.

I prefer .40 and it, with a little help from me, put 16 of 21 rounds in a 2" hole in the 10 ring at 10 yds offhand. I was shooting some Berry 165gr RNFP over CFE Pistol @1040fps est. It was my best day at the range in a long time.

I prefer the Hogue wraparound grip because it gives great control and isn't a problem for carry. One problem though, now I'm looking at the other Sigs I lost in 2010. They're all $1000 pistols now!

Posts: 161 | Location: North Central Minnesota | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm very fond of my P239 .40 as well. Also like the .40 for defensive purposes in my other Sigs.

The .40 is currently out of favor now. Guns in .40 are relative bargains, so your timing may be right to replenish your inventory. You should be able to find used .40's at very good prices. With new, it makes no difference pricewise whether it's nine or forty...not so with used.

Seen some inexpensive used .40's listed over the last year at TGS:
http://www.topgunsupply.com/firearms/used-guns.html

Welcome back.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sunkist
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nipper. Good tip. A used P229 .40 will be first on the list.