SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns you want but won't pay current market value for.....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns you want but won't pay current market value for..... Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Korth...

This.

Also the new Kimber revolvers. At $849 and up (at least locally, on-line may be cheaper), I'll just stick to my J-frame S&W's.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10916 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makarov PM
Any Norinco anything
GP WASR 10/63
Saiga anything
Arsenal anything

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I had a p7m8 Chantilly lnib with 6 matching date coded mags, and had two consecutive ser # anniversary p7m8 with the walnut case and coin, at todays market I gave them all away. one of the few guns I'm kicking myself for ever letting go. I had a chance to buy a full auto hkmp5 with sear for 7 grand, I had the money and just couldn't part with it. dumb mistake.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A FN five seven

Posts: 3 | Location: Devils Lake, ND | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Belgian Para FAL (Model 50.63)

I just let one go on GB last night. It was a beauty, almost like new. It went for just shy of $4K. I probably should've kept going but I let it go. I've always wanted one, I guess the quest will continue.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking about this the other day. I'm in the same boat as quite a few people here. I want a P7 pretty badly too. They were always a few guns down on my list when they were $500-$700, and I never got one. A few weeks ago, I looked them up on a whim and saw the current pricing. It looks like I will probably never have one now, they are just too expensive for me to justify.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not exactly what was asked but in same vein.. Guns I and owned and sold but now can't or won't pay current market for.. except for the .44 magnums...

Too many P/R S&W revolvers LNIB but for sure the (3) Model 29s I had purchased and saw an opportunity to make a few hundred bucks on them after owning them for only 2 years.That was in 2013/2014. Now I would not only still have them (They are some of my favorite S&Ws) they have double in price now not just a few hundred. I bought collector grade 1st year (1956) 5 screw 6.5" and 4" in past 4 months for a commend $7500. I would have been much smarter to hold on to my original 3 and bought these 5 years ago. I look back at some of what I have sold and shake my head.. insane. It's not like I was going hungry.
Other are Beretta 380 series 80 LNIB 84, 85 and 86.
Wilson Combat Tactical carry
S&W Nickel Baby Chef Special
Sig P239 SAS in 357 Sig (loved that gun..yet I sold it)
All of my S&W Model 19s..
Browning HP rom early 1960s.

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I was just thinking about this the other day. I'm in the same boat as quite a few people here. I want a P7 pretty badly too. They were always a few guns down on my list when they were $500-$700, and I never got one. A few weeks ago, I looked them up on a whim and saw the current pricing. It looks like I will probably never have one now, they are just too expensive for me to justify.

They are not all that great and get hotter then hell if you shoot them much, kind of a novelty thing imo. just imagine shooting a 9mm out of a staple gun and your pretty close.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Swiss p210.

M
But mainly I want a S&W 66 F comp.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
Jeez, all of them.
I paid a little north of $700 for a very clean 80s Ruger .44 auto carbine 2 years ago, that had a MSRP of $200 new.
It was found money so my wife said go for it - you want it and deserve it.
While my dad spinned in his grave having lived through the '29 depression, I caved in and bought it.
2 "Obama sales" and our own foolishness is to blame.

Face the fact these are mechanical metal appliances people.
And some are a bitch to get parts for.
OK some are rare/out of production/collectable but compare them to cars for a minute, or blenders, or can openers for that matter.
An early production Weatherby should be expensive, but and HK P7 Police turn in?
Or a CZ 52?
These were not hand forged by left handed virgins under a full moon in a union shop from unobtanium.
Colt Python production averaged 20K units a year over a 40 year period. Vey scarce indeed.

Modern factory production now is not what it was 50 years ago, S&W does not shell "registered magnums" any more.
Nice machines yes, but hand fitted? For how much?
CNC operations that can run light out 24/7 are not "space age" anymore. They are the norm.

The market bears what WE are willing to shell out.
$70.00 for a brick of .22? Remember those?
That aluminum extrusion fore end on the sexy AR clone cost more than a whole deck chair made on the same kind of machinery out of the same material?
Oh right, the tactical paint job and elongated holes.
Oops I meant FDE ceracoate finish and M-Lock perforations.

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
They are not all that great and get hotter then hell if you shoot them much, kind of a novelty thing imo. just imagine shooting a 9mm out of a staple gun and your pretty close.

This may be the best description of that gun I've ever heard. These days though, basically all my gun wants are novelties. I have all of my firearm "needs" covered, and anything else I buy is for novelty or collector purposes.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The last 2 posts make some uncommonly good sense. And if you look real hard, you'll see both are about at the 15 year point. Not that many posts maybe, but they've been around a long time now.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Swedish AG42b rifle. $600 back in the late 90's. Unobtanium today.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson Valor

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P7
Colt Python
SIG MPX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a side note: I got my first Browning Hi Power almost a year ago and I'm constantly on the prowl for my next one. But YES, they are spendy. Earlier this week on VA Gun Trader, which is a GREAT go-to for firearms stuff in our Commonwealth, a guy had a 2004 BHP, 100% bluing, never fired Mark III for 1K. I could probably got it for a bit less.

But then I remember I'd need the mag disconnect removed, change out the spur hammer to ring, and night sights, so $500+. My "shooter" has all of that with a really sweet trigger (BHPs come with a pretty poor trigger IMHO), so I have to be content with the one I have.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to second the P320 caliber x-change kits. Used p320s are going for a lot less than the x-change kits. I think sig would make a lot more money if they retailed at 300.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the years I sold six of my Colt Pythons and four different models of Sig P210s for giveaway prices. I still have two new Colt pythons and one NIB Sig P210. The biggest loss was in 2004 I had a Famas ,Mas_ 223 and a Dealer screwed me and never finished paying me and for what they go for now it looks like you would have to pay over $40K.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: desmosedeci,

Posts: 205 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any Sig. Only police trades and even they are overpriced in 9mm. The 40s are priced right.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Korth...

This.

Also the new Kimber revolvers. At $849 and up (at least locally, on-line may be cheaper), I'll just stick to my J-frame S&W's.

I also would like a TLE k6s, but haven’t pulled the trigger on buying one because of price on them. I love my s&w j-frames.

Posts: 1303 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post