SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns you want but won't pay current market value for.....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns you want but won't pay current market value for..... Login/Join 
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
Korth Mongoose

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Korth...

Posts: 2303 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Large bore revolvers. I'd like a Ruger Alaskan in .480 or 454. They are horribly expensive for what they are especially compared to a GP 100.

And don't get me started on big bore Smiths.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Belgian Browning Auto 5 20ga shotguns

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any out of production Colt revolver.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
Any out of production Colt revolver.

I'll agree with that. Even if I had $3800 (seen at a gun show yesterday) for a Python, I wouldn't spend it. Or $850 for a post-1972 Detective Special, or $1000 for a two-inch Lawman, as nice as they looked. (These were all different vendors.)

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I agree with the SCAR-17. If I had more of a use for one I would be more proactive in trying to find a deal. I would love a PE-57, don’t think I will pay the premium over the AMT I picked up. The Unica-6 would fit in with my love of silly 80’s firearms, but not at what they go for.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize that pythons are listing for such high prices these days. I do know that I purchased these mint grips several years back and choked back paying near the $300 mark, now even the grips are getting ridiculous. What a shame. I've always managed having a python in the house over the years just because I really enjoyed shooting one. I've had my share of S&W's also, both are excellent revolvers.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
Benelli M4, plus all the extras to make it 922r compatible.

The problem is that if I buy a gun and really love it, I want to get a backup or make it a triplet. Spare parts and extras, including an extra entire gun, must be available, or I won't do it. I want the gun system to keep working and it must be repairable for a LONG time just in case if the gun is discontinued, banned, or forbidden from importation. That consideration makes things far more expensive than the initial purchase.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Any of them Big Grin

Being more of an opportunist than searching for any particular model, I've found that the best way to find a deal on something is to not need one.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by awa762:
Benelli M4, plus all the extras to make it 922r compatible.

The problem is that if I buy a gun and really love it, I want to get a backup or make it a triplet. Spare parts and extras, including an extra entire gun, must be available, or I won't do it. I want the gun system to keep working and it must be repairable for a LONG time just in case if the gun is discontinued, banned, or forbidden from importation. That consideration makes things far more expensive than the initial purchase.

Funny you mention that. I was pondering selling mine because I’ve got a lot in it. It’s completely tricked out. Just letting you know, if you go down that hole....you’ll probably be dropping 2k on each one. And most likely you’ll be waiting on the tube extension and maybe other stuff, or trying to track it down. If I exclude glass across the board it’s the second most expensive piece I own. It is a tank though. Another option would be a Vepr 12 before they all dry up. I like it more than the M4 if you can believe it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
X-Five

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Just thought of another: Sig P320 Caliber X-Change kits.

Might be interesting to have in either 9mm or 357 Sig, and not sayin' they're not worth it, but I can't bring myself to paying $400 for 'em. Esp. with only one mag.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4" Colt Anaconda
Sig Sauer P210
6 1/2" S&W 29

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
S&W M41 and 6" Python top the list.

I wouldn't mind getting a 6" pre-lock 686 as well but they just don't show up anymore.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Smith & Wesson .500S&W Bone Collector (xx of 1000)

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't bring myself to paying $400 for 'em.

A friend just picked one up for less than $300.00.

Seen them online for $350.00.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The advantage of having blown big bucks 15 or so years ago was that I got it all back. And maybe a little more.... Now I see others here wanting those same guns and I know they're not all they crack them up to be. There was something wrong with each of them that another gun did better.

I still seek guns, but not that many. One I'd like to have is a low number (P70,000s) P210-1. Yes with the pretty blue finish. And I'm not opposed to blowing $4,000 or whatever if the gun is good enough.

There are some tricks. First, carry the cash. Nothing worse than seeing the gun you want and don't have the cash, with a line of perverts behind you just waiting to steal it underneath you. Then don't rush things, just look for as long as it takes. Then jump when you see it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Browning Hi Power
One of the best out there, but wicked overpriced now. I had a friend give me one when I was younger, as it was my first handgun. I was too stupid to know what had been gifted to me and traded it at the LGS for a Glock 17. Still kicking myself in the arse over that.

Astra Terminator. Pretty much an unnecessary handgun that would serve no purpose other than to make me smile.
Current market value is out there.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
P.08 Luger. I sold a very nice, matching S/42 a number of years ago believing I could always find another. They're certainly available in the same condition - but not in my price range.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post