SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns you want but won't pay current market value for.....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns you want but won't pay current market value for..... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I really want to get an MK23 but can't see spending the money for it at the prices now. I know they won't get any cheaper but am still hoping.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My problem, if you want to call it that, is that I have several idle guns that I could sell for a profit, but I don't have anything in mind to spend the money on. My present assortment of working guns handles my defense and sport needs pretty well.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
HK P7, Swiss SIG P210, Colt Pythons, old S&W revolvers, Registered FA AR15s, Swiss 550-series rifles.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Not much in the handgun world. There ARE current production pistols out there that are priced insanely high that I'd like but frankly I'd be willing to buy those when and if the money is available.

But the go/no-go for me would be a long gun, specifically the SCAR 17S. I've long wanted one but I just passed on another FDE a good buddy was selling at a more than fair price. Something about paying over $2k for a rifle ($2,600 for his actually, with LOTS of extras including great glass and a spare RDS) that I know that I'm not going to shoot all that often just doesn't strike a favorable chord with me. Plus I'm just finishing up an AR-10 build in 6.5CR at 1/3 the price and I kinda think that I've got that base covered.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Just thought of one, but it's not a handgun: An IWI Tavor. I really like them, but the price they're commanding is way beyond what I'd be willing to go. Not saying they're not worth it. They're just not worth that much to me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Python

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
S&W 4506 with adjustable sights.

Unusal variants like the 4567, 4546 and 4505.

All too salty for me.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta Elite LTT. Just missed one on an auction that sold for $706.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L90814:
Beretta Elite LTT. Just missed one on an auction that sold for $706.

These guns are absolute worth the price when you consider what all you are getting.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
CZ RAMI. For 350-400 maybe.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Up till a week ago, any of the Legion series pistols.

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Browning Hi-Powers and Colt Commanders. I was always wanted one of the satin chrome ones, but not for $1000.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I have to agree on the P7 series. I sure wish I had kept mine.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
SIG P365.

The price on GunBroker has been holding at $499 for just about forever.

I'd like to get one, but I'm not convinced it's "the" gun for me, so I don't want to pay top dollar and be disappointed.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did it myself with a Python. I stumbled across a perfect, nickel, 6" python with the box and everything. I don't think it was ever shot. I turned up my nose at it because the guy was asking $1000 and wouldn't budge on the price (at the time LOL).

I did happen to buy a really nice Grade B P7 psp before prices shot up for $625 though......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning Hi Power. I waited too long. I should've bought one years ago. No way I'm paying $1K now for an actual Browning.

Nighthawk Custom 2011 9mm. I can't justify $4000, but man, I want to.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Chiappa 40DS

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are two that I have been lusting after but they are both just out of the price range that I am comfortable paying (especially when you consider incidental costs such as extra magazines or an optic).

I would love to have both a P220 Legion in 10mm and the PTR clone of the MP5. Both by themselves are a pretty penny but the cost of assecories make them just too much.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 41.
Sig P210
P-08 [Luger]
Mauser C96 'red 9'

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
But the go/no-go for me would be a long gun, specifically the SCAR 17S. I've long wanted one but I just passed on another FDE a good buddy was selling at a more than fair price. Something about paying over $2k for a rifle ($2,600 for his actually, with LOTS of extras including great glass and a spare RDS) that I know that I'm not going to shoot all that often just doesn't strike a favorable chord with me. Plus I'm just finishing up an AR-10 build in 6.5CR at 1/3 the price and I kinda think that I've got that base covered.

Funny you should mention the SCAR 17s. I could never find one when I had the $. That just changed, one is on the way to my local FFL. This is going to be fun!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post