SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns you want but won't pay current market value for.....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns you want but won't pay current market value for..... Login/Join 
Picture of swage
posted
I constantly kick myself for not picking up one the HK P7's that were imported about 10 years ago. I remember a vendor on here selling them for $500 for B grade and $700 for A grade. I see them being sold for $1,800 and up now and just cannot bring myself to buy one. I'd also like a shooter grade Python but those bring a premium as well.

I spend thousands for PRS style rifles and optics to go with them but for some reason can't justify buying a P7 series pistol or Python. It's all relative I guess.

What are some guns you lust after but aren't willing to pay to cost of admission?

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting a HK VP9b since they came out but HKs are never on sale.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shadow 2
Wilson Beretta 92
LTT Elite 92
A 226 SAO X Series.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a CZ Shadow 2 around Christmastime, but the price was just a little too much for me, so I bought an SP-01 Tactical instead. Great gun for little more than half the price of the Shadow 2. Somedaymaybe I’ll be able to justify the price of the Shadow 2.

I also wish I’d bought a Python and an P7, and about a dozen other guns before either the prices went way up or they were discontinued or both. Frown

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guns owned and sold:
Colt Pythons, including a 2.5 inch.
P7s in M8 and M13.
Colt Diamondbacks.
Browning High Powers.
Colt Detective Special.
Many S&W pinned and recessed revolvers.
Browning FAL.
FNC.
AUG.
1903A3.
M1 Carbine.
Offered several Lugers but passed.
To name a few. Biggest regret now: The Pythons and P7s.
LGS had a so-so 4 inch Python for 3K. And a P7 for 1800.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Shadow 2

Y'know, it's a funny thing: The Shadow 2's price kind of put me off, but I barely blinked at the P210A's price, and that was another $400 or so.

I'm not certain why that is.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
P7 probably at the top of the list for me.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
Well I had two grade A P7's and sold them for a slight profit. Hindsight as they say is 20/20.

Always wanted the more rare M13. So a few years back I took the plunge and bought a unfired example. As with most everything else that's no longer manufactured they go up in price. I don't foresee the value dropping. My advice is buy one before they become unobtainium.

As to the OP question. The two that stand out was a HK MK23 with the original finish with case and all new for 1100.

The other was a 6" python mint for 1200 in the nickel or stainless finish.

Buy once cry once. We all do it.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gun I want now but don't want to pay current prices for is the Remington Tac-13.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I know I am going to get flamed for this, but SIG traditional DA/SA pistols all seem overly expensive.

I actually have 4 of them already... so the price must have not bothered me 6 or 8 years ago when I added them to the safe.

Maybe my calculation of value has changed. Maybe all the great newer guns like the P320, SP2022, Walter PPQ, HK VP9, FN 509 and CZ P-10 have raised the quality bar for more economical pistols.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
I know I am going to get flamed for this, but SIG traditional DA/SA pistols all seem overly expensive.

I actually have 4 of them already... so the price must have not bothered me 6 or 8 years ago when I added them to the safe.

Maybe my calculation of value has changed. Maybe all the great newer guns like the P320, SP2022, Walter PPQ, HK VP9, FN 509 and CZ P-10 have raised the quality bar for more economical pistols.

I’m not flaming you haha, but I’ve always been convinced that a well-made, all-metal, hammer fired setup is always more expensive to make than a half-plastic, striker fired setup. And the expense is worth the reward to me.

However, those guns you mentioned in your list, are fantastic guns. And while I’d always go with a DA/SA “classic” Sig, I can certainly understand someone appreciating the value for money of guns like the ones you mentioned Smile

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 336 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:

I’m not flaming you haha, but I’ve always been convinced that a well-made, all-metal, hammer fired setup is always more expensive to make than a half-plastic, striker fired setup. And the expense is worth the reward to me.

However, those guns you mentioned in your list, are fantastic guns. And while I’d always go with a DA/SA “classic” Sig, I can certainly understand someone appreciating the value for money of guns like the ones you mentioned Smile

I own a few 1911s and Browning Hi Powers. One has to love these all metal, hammer fired classics. For these guns I will pay the extra cash.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
What are some guns you lust after but aren't willing to pay to cost of admission?

Can't say there are such guns. If there are any guns that I truly lust after, I will pay the prices, even though they have skyrocketed. On the other hand, I won't pay for anything that I don't want bad enough, no matter how inexpensive they are.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
That vendor was Steve Pi...ford, the Bouncing Tomato. I always liked the P7 pistol--then a new wave of European police trades came in to the country. Couldn't resist-love that old fashioned German machining. Same goes for the Python and the
Diamondback. Tolerances and fitting--especially the Colt high polish bluing.
Now --it's the Dan Wesson Valor. Going away because of the high cost of hand fitting the parts--and the DW Duty Finish.
Today-polymer has replaced metal working. Costs have created the niche for polymer.
Its like the stock market--buy cheap sell high, or invest a little each month--see how I rationalized my habit.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I constantly kick myself for not picking up one the HK P7's that were imported about 10 years ago. I remember a vendor on here selling them for $500 for B grade and $700 for A grade. I see them being sold for $1,800 and up now and just cannot bring myself to buy one. I'd also like a shooter grade Python but those bring a premium as well.

I spend thousands for PRS style rifles and optics to go with them but for some reason can't justify buying a P7 series pistol or Python. It's all relative I guess.

I have a P7 that I paid $800,00 for, but I'd really love to own more in several variations. And I totally agree about the Pythons. About 3 years ago, I quickly walked away from a "fair-at-best" 4" Python that was carried hard and "out of time" for $750.00.

Then again, I'm old enough now to remember $100.00 Garands, $50.00 M1 Carbines, and $75.00 Fox's, Parkers, Elsies, and Lefevers.

Ah for the good ole days!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
My first firearm was a P226 NSW Navy that I foolishly sold and have wanted to replace. It’s just hard to justify spending $900 when a MK25 won’t really do much that my HK VP9 doesn’t already do.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I love my Wilson 1911s in .45 & have been wanting a compact Wilson in 9mm for concealed carry. I have the cash in the gun safe, but I just can't justify spending that much money on a gun when my compact M11A1 & Glock 19 have been reliably handling concealed carry duty for years at a fraction of the Wilsons cost.

I must be getting old, or God forbid, practical.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
WW1/WW2-era USGI M1911.

And a Gewehr 43.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy to justify... VP9 doesn't have the spiffy little sticker/code on it. So you need one of those.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I would like a nice 6" blue Python, but I can't pay the price they are bringing.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post