SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sometimes I just hate ebay...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes I just hate ebay... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So the seller did get back to me, and had the nerve to attempt to make himself out to be the victim here.
He explained that he had to send it to his gunsmith to take the X-ray sights off, and in the process scratched the slide. So without telling me, he decided to have it sandblasted, so I could have whichever finish I wanted done to it. He actually tried spinning it like he was doing me a favor, then had the nerve to say he's the one out money on this and that there are no refunds.
Long story short, I laid it all out and said the product was severely misrepresented, and ebay or PayPal would side with me, regardless if he has a no returns policy; and that it is completely and utterly irrelevant what 'moneys he was out', because it was his actions and lack of preparation that caused his added incurred costs.
I swear, common sense with many people is just so lost...that or lying and deception has become a pastime nowadays. How difficult is it to admit what one does and accept the consequences?
Anyway, I learned my lesson on this one. Thought I'd update the thread, and maybe get a chuckle or two.

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsawyer09:
So the seller did get back to me, and had the nerve to attempt to make himself out to be the victim here.
He explained that he had to send it to his gunsmith to take the X-ray sights off, and in the process scratched the slide. So without telling me, he decided to have it sandblasted, so I could have whichever finish I wanted done to it. He actually tried spinning it like he was doing me a favor, then had the nerve to say he's the one out money on this and that there are no refunds.
Long story short, I laid it all out and said the product was severely misrepresented, and ebay or PayPal would side with me, regardless if he has a no returns policy; and that it is completely and utterly irrelevant what 'moneys he was out', because it was his actions and lack of preparation that caused his added incurred costs.
I swear, common sense with many people is just so lost...that or lying and deception has become a pastime nowadays. How difficult is it to admit what one does and accept the consequences?
Anyway, I learned my lesson on this one. Thought I'd update the thread, and maybe get a chuckle or two.

He's a fraud, plain and simple. File a complaint with fleabay, I would.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by jsawyer09:

He's a fraud, plain and simple. File a complaint with fleabay, I would.

No doubt now. Thanks Q. And thanks everyone, too.

Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
1. eBay and PayPal are now two different companies.

2. don't deal with low sales seller, or those with much less than 100% positive rating.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
1. eBay and PayPal are now two different companies.

2. don't deal with low sales seller, or those with much less than 100% positive rating.

3. Don't buy anything of substance on eBay! Forum CLASSIFIEDS are a great community where folks look out for each other. Nobody on eBay gives a rat's ass about you.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
The first slide looks like a Duracoat type finish. The silver slide looks like it has some relatively minor surface marks and scratches. I doubt those artifacts would survive a bead or sand blasting. If the silver slides finish is factory nickel and you did not pay for the NS I would keep it as is as long as the other side is not beat up.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The slide you received does look like factory nickel & the original photo looks like a crappy spray job. What you received may be better than what you purchased!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
jsawyer09, what is the serial number and any proof marks on the dust cover or right side.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
His problem isn't yours, file a dispute.
It is not what you purchased.

I've done this before,. Ebay favors the purchaser.

Get full refund.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dbltap:
jsawyer09, what is the serial number and any proof marks on the dust cover or right side.

No serial or proof. It looks to be a later slide, as it is 'Made in Germany'.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
The slide you received does look like factory nickel & the original photo looks like a crappy spray job. What you received may be better than what you purchased!

It may be nickel, but I doubt it's factory original. This slide has no serial number or German proof marks. All the factory nickel P228s that I am aware of are triple serialed and proof marked, except one. And that is the 2-tone nickel P228 from Nov 2005 that has the Germany slide, but assembled at SIG USA from US parts. And I don't think some owner will just split his factory original gun just to sell the slide.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
It does appear to be the same slide due to the ding in the fourth cocking serration. It also means the two new dings (middle of the slide) were done after the first pic, IMO. Hey, no extra charge, whaddaya want? Seriously though, the seller is a tool & I'd hold his feet to the fire on this.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
It does appear to be the same slide due to the ding in the fourth cocking serration. It also means the two new dings (middle of the slide) were done after the first pic, IMO. Hey, no extra charge, whaddaya want? Seriously though, the seller is a tool & I'd hold his feet to the fire on this.

Yeah, I have no doubt it is the same slide. I'm just in disbelief as to why one would sandblast it and not tell a buyer, sending it out as if nothing is out of the ordinary. Just odd behavior, regardless of intentions.