SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sometimes I just hate ebay...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes I just hate ebay... Login/Join 
posted
This is really just a vent thread, so I apologize if there's nothing of real substance here.
So I purchased a P228 slide which looked to be in great condition off a low feedback seller off ebay. I have a couple of extras for two other P228s, but I thought I'd get yet another for my recent P229 purchase.
Anyway, the experience was pretty suspect from the beginning due to the seller making excuse after excuse as to why it hadn't shipped yet. He was trying to sell it with X-ray sights that I didn't want, so asked if he'd consider selling without them (which his ad specified that if one didn't want them, he'd take $100 off). Week after week he'd update me on the status, and stated that 'they' kept sending him the wrong sight tool (which I don't understand why you would put up an ad if you don't even have the correct tools to remove the sights; but I shrugged it off).
Finally he sent me tracking and said it was on its way. I received it today, and it isn't even the advertised slide; it is either stainless or completely stripped of the original bluing. Boy am I pissed. I've sent two messages to him...suddenly he doesn't want to get back to me. I'm reserved to just send it off to Sig to have it re-blued for $99. Sometimes I just hate ebay...or maybe sometimes I just hate people.
Here are the two slides. The first is the one advertised. The second is the one I received.

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striving for Mediocrity
Picture of operator81
posted Hide Post
eBay and Paypal have a buyer's guarantee where they'll refund your money if you don't get what you paid for. Create a dispute with eBay and they'll make it right. It may take awhile, but they'll make it right. You might try contacting the seller first, then if he refuses to take it back then upgrade to a complaint.

3-7-77

Posts: 1213 | Registered: November 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would make my blood boil if he sent me something completely different then what was advertised.
Definitely file a dispute with eBay or PayPal.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Just put a dispute through and get your money back. EBay almost always sides with the buyer (even when they shouldn't)

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Just put a dispute through and get your money back. EBay almost always sides with the buyer (even when they shouldn't)

Yup, most of the time I get a partial refund and keep the item, so I don't even have to hassle with returning it.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'd be pissed and would definitely file a dispute. EBay almost always sides with buyers. With the pictures, I'd be really surprised if they didn't for this one.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsawyer09:
it is either stainless or completely stripped of the original bluing.

Looks to be nickel.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by jsawyer09:
it is either stainless or completely stripped of the original bluing.

Looks to be nickel.

Yup.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And, the one on top (black one) looks to have been refinished.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Same impression I got Q. Darn slide has been through the mill. Also shows damage.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
And, the one on top (black one) looks to have been refinished.

I wondered about that. Didn't look like a stock Sig finish to me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Is eBay/PayPal allowing gun parts to be sold now? I thought they had a strict no gun policy.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
They've allowed parts sales forever. slides, barrels, small parts, magazines 10rd and under, etc.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by operator81:
eBay and Paypal have a buyer's guarantee where they'll refund your money if you don't get what you paid for. Create a dispute with eBay and they'll make it right. It may take awhile, but they'll make it right. You might try contacting the seller first, then if he refuses to take it back then upgrade to a complaint.

Yup, this will be a bunt for you.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I too would file a dispute. There is no way you should have to pay $99 to have it re-blued. I would have filed a dispute after the excuses started as well.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
He definitely sent you the wrong item.

File a complaint immediately with ebay and paypal.

I am an absolute asshole when it comes to dealing with deceptive sellers.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I think you're all right; it just bums me out when deals go bad.
Q, you are correct in that the ad is indeed some kind of aftermarket finish. I didn't care much, as I was going to just shoot the heck out of it.
The one received appears, now that I really look at it, to be sandblasted and not nickel (I might've been able to accept that a little better if it were).
Anyway, thanks everyone for listening. Sometimes it takes some venting. You guys are great.

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, the first one looks refinished to me too.
Dispute time.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Is eBay/PayPal allowing gun parts to be sold now? I thought they had a strict no gun policy.

Nearly all of my gun stuff except for ammo and the actual guns came from eBay and paid via PayPal.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Message the little prick and tell him that you are going to file a dispute with your credit card company. If he blows them off too, they will refund your money.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post