SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Won a 226 extreme on gunbroker. Anyone own one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Won a 226 extreme on gunbroker. Anyone own one? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Just like this one...

https://www.basspro.com/shop/e...eme-semi-auto-pistol

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Take the regular P226 Nitron, put on the SRT and the Hogue G10 Piranha grips, and that's what you end up with.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Take the regular P226 Nitron, put on the SRT and the Hogue G10 Piranha grips, and that's what you end up with.

Which is how Sig should sell 226’s in the first place.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow...Bass Pro's is kinda EXPENSIVE.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That is a super 226. The SRT and special grips make it perfect.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased mine new and on-line in late 2014/early 2015. It came in a Sig cardboard box, no case. The box is labeled E26R-9-XTM-Promo. I believe mine was packaged at that time as part of a dealer promotional package, perhaps with a second pistol? Mine has a date of Oct. 14 2014.

As 12131 notes, it has the SRT and Hogue G10 Piranha grips. It also had Sig Lite night sights.

A few years ago I sent it to Sig for their annual Fathers Day special/service package. To increase the spend to qualify for free shipping, I also had them install X-ray sights. The trigger was improved, but really wasn't bad to begin with. Needless to say, the P229 which I took to Robert Burke two years ago now has a smoother and lighter trigger, both DA and SA.

Overall, I like the P226 Extreme very much and was one of my first Sig pistols. It almost made my selection cut when I participated in a few Ops Spec training sessions over the past few years, but I elected to use my older P320 FS for those.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Also front cocking serrations and night sights.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks gorgeous! Enjoy!

Posts: 7 | Registered: June 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Grips are really nice and look awesome. The trigger on mine is the smoothest sig trigger I’ve handled as well. Very accurate too.

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post