SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    While I own a Glock20,45 and 42 I don't get
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

While I own a Glock20,45 and 42 I don't get Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
the hots for the 48 or 43x, explain what I'm missing out on. I have a Walther PPQ sc that I'm happy with to bridge the 42 to 45. Now if the 43x had a 12rd mag maybe but it still looks like a P365 would be easier to carry.

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Nothing they are just different, I saw a picture of the cases that looked like they had primer drag, it was a major defect in the 365 but it's ok in the Glock. Wink

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Nothing they are just different, I saw a picture of the cases that looked like they had primer drag, it was a major defect in the 365 but it's ok in the Glock. Wink

Probably because the mim firing pins on the sig are breaking.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t get it either. I thought both models were a let down honestly, but to each his own. Somebody will eventually come out with a direct competitor to the p365 and I’ll be excited for that

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is just a stupid comment. He didn’t ask anything bout reliability. I own a 43X and a 48. I’ve also owned a 2 365’s ( I still have the second one). The primer drag on the 365 is rediculously bad. It’s a deep gouge that goes all the way out to the edge. Nothing like this exists in the Glocks.

I commented on a post about my second 365 that the primer drag was less on my later sample, but it’s still there. I can live with the primer drag the newer guns exhibit, but Sig obviously changed something. You can tell yourself there was nothing wrong with the early guns, but I had never seen primer drag like what they were doing.

I picked up countless pieces of brass yesterday when shooting my 43X and 48. Nothing like what even my second 365 does. So no, they are nothing alike when it comes to primer drag. I get it, you love your 365, it will be ok, you can still like it, but lol, no, the Glocks don’t have primer drag like your 365. Wanna bet there are zero reports of strikers breaking? Just like the 42 and 43...not a single issue I ever saw with the strikers.

Now that we’re done with that garbage, if you’re happy with your current gun, there’s no reason to swap it out. The only reason I could think of is that you want the same trigger pull for your carry guns. I personally like full length grips for shootability and mag changes. That’s why I am excited about the 43X in particular. Isn’t the SC a double stack? I don’t know that gun well. That would be the only other reason to like the 43X is if it’s slimmer.

I wrote in my brief range report that they short much bigger than they carry. Worth a rental at the range when they are available imo.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
the hots for the 48 or 43x, explain what I'm missing out on. I have a Walther PPQ sc that I'm happy with to bridge the 42 to 45. Now if the 43x had a 12rd mag maybe but it still looks like a P365 would be easier to carry.

The P365 was easier to carry. Lighter recoiling, better trigger (much better) higher capacity and metal mags. Not to mention X-Ray’s are my favorite sight set. Those of us who have had issues, can’t trust it. I’ve been through 3. Sig’s answer? Send me a new gun or throw parts at it.

Hold or shoot a 43x and you will see, that full grip is very comfortable and hides just as easy as a 19 for me that’s lighter and thinner.

It’s not for everyone, but for me, I may have found my perfect carry weapon.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm stupid, but how would MIM parts affect primer drag? If the parts are "breaking down," wouldn't that result in misfires as the pin would shorten? This old MIM is the devil crap is as bad as any other conspiracy theory.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The 48 maybe as I can swap slides with my G43 and have additional capacity without the longer mags I currently use with the 43...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Maybe I'm stupid, but how would MIM parts affect primer drag? If the parts are "breaking down," wouldn't that result in misfires as the pin would shorten? This old MIM is the devil crap is as bad as any other conspiracy theory.

MIM is brittle and more likely to break. That’s his whole point, hell my bitch with sig isn’t so much the problem as it is the fact that they clearly didn’t do enough testing and that they try to ignore problems until they cant.
Shit happens and it happens to every manufacturer but most of them are up front and honest and make things right. Vs sig who will try to pretend everything is fine. These are all just internet rumors. Give us your money.

I met a sig rep a while ago and if his attitude is anything like the rest of the people at sig then this just re affirms my desire for classic P-series guns and not much else.
Guy straight up denied that there were any issues with the 365. Then when I asked him why they only cut slides for their proprietary made in China optic and not for trijicons which everyone wants he said “we are going to change what the public wants”
They are so over confident that they think we will take whatever shit they toss at us. Well other and bigger companies have tried to ride off a solid reputation while letting quality and standards slip and it never works out in the long run.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I own a 43 and have no experience with the 365. I handled a 43x yesterday and have my name on the list for one. The full grip was very comfortable and I prefer that over relying on a pinky extension on a magazine. With my current mag extensions I get 8 rounds but the 43x mags will give me 10.

I look at the 43x like this: I maintain the thin profile of the 43 but gain 2 extra rounds per mag and a full size grip. I also won't have to buy a new holster. It seems like a step up for me so I'll be happy when I get one. Everyone is different though.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have negative interest in the 43x or 48 and I’m a Glock guy. My 365 is better for me in every way and I have 2000 trouble free rounds down range.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A gun manufacturer makes guns you both like and dislike?

Hmmm, I think that is true of nearly every person for nearly every manufacturer.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I really like the idea of the Glock 43X and 48. A slim 10 round pistol with a full grip at 5 inch height. For most people it will be easy to conceal, comfortable to conceal, a good shooter, and a no brainer for states that have magazine restrictions where several million gun owners live.

While I CCW my Glock 19 a lot there is no doubt my Walther PPS is more comfortable to CCW IWB all day long. But my PPS I have only 7 rounds in the 7 round magazine at the same height as the Glock 43X. If Walther does not come out with a new PPS with more rounds and a full grip, I will probably strongly consider the Glock 43X. I personally don't like extended magazines to increase capacity or a pinky extender to get a full grip. They can make shooting a pistol feel weird and even pinch at times. I would take a full grip any day over that if available.

I tried the P365 and it is not for me, too small all around and I shoot my PPS a whole lot better too so I am not interested in trading for increased round count and giving up accuracy, precision, and speed. I imagine a whole lot of others have found the same not to mention the many that still don't trust the P365 for long term reliability and durability.

IMO Glock did a great job with the 43X and 48 and they are going to sell a whole lot of them. Is it for everybody? Of course not.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:

This is just a stupid comment. He didn’t ask anything bout reliability. I own a 43X and a 48. I’ve also owned a 2 365’s ( I still have the second one). The primer drag on the 365 is rediculously bad. It’s a deep gouge that goes all the way out to the edge. Nothing like this exists in the Glocks.

I commented on a post about my second 365 that the primer drag was less on my later sample, but it’s still there. I can live with the primer drag the newer guns exhibit, but Sig obviously changed something. You can tell yourself there was nothing wrong with the early guns, but I had never seen primer drag like what they were doing.

I picked up countless pieces of brass yesterday when shooting my 43X and 48. Nothing like what even my second 365 does. So no, they are nothing alike when it comes to primer drag. I get it, you love your 365, it will be ok, you can still like it, but lol, no, the Glocks don’t have primer drag like your 365. Wanna bet there are zero reports of strikers breaking? Just like the 42 and 43...not a single issue I ever saw with the strikers.

Now that we’re done with that garbage, if you’re happy with your current gun, there’s no reason to swap it out. The only reason I could think of is that you want the same trigger pull for your carry guns. I personally like full length grips for shootability and mag changes. That’s why I am excited about the 43X in particular. Isn’t the SC a double stack? I don’t know that gun well. That would be the only other reason to like the 43X is if it’s slimmer.

I wrote in my brief range report that they short much bigger than they carry. Worth a rental at the range when they are available imo.

Here is my "ridiculously bad deep gouge primer drag" from my 365.

compare it to your Glock. Roll Eyes

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Boy, some people can get pretty thin skinned if their purchasing choices are questioned.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
So you’re just pretending like those massive gouges that went all the way out to the edge of the casing didn’t exist? Ok, now your comment makes sense. If you are pretending like that never happened, I see why you’re confused.

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I went from carrying a P229 to a P239 because I appreciated the single stack dimensions. Now that Sig has abandoned the P239, I'm carrying it less and I've actually been sporting my old Gen2 G17.
Come summer, I'm going to want something thinner and shorter, preferably w/ a full grip.
I've been entertaining a G19 or G26 to keep mags consistent but a thinner 48 or 43x also has my attention. That's me anyway.
ETA: To be honest, I don't understand the G45. Big Grin

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
So you’re just pretending like those massive gouges that went all the way out to the edge of the casing didn’t exist? Ok, now your comment makes sense. If you are pretending like that never happened, I see why you’re confused.

I'm not confused about anything, your constant complaining about how horrible the 365 is yet you bought second one is laughable. You buy a 43x and start complaining how the mag well is the same size as the 43 and can't understand why Glock didnt make a 12 rounder. Now your hoping some secondary manufacture will save the capacity that Glock failed to achieve. In the mean time sig cant crank them out fast enough to catch up to demand.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
XLT, if you like your SIG, you can keep your SIG.

Or maybe start a “P365 matter” support group..? Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
So you are still pretending like the primer drag didn't exist. Mkay.

I bought a second 365. That's laughable? I don't understand why? I want to have faith in it. I want to love it. So I gave it another shot. Sorry, you mad I'm not worried about the money? I'm confused.

I'm not "complaining" about the 43X mag. I'm simply pointing out a missed opportunity in my mind. Sheesh, people complain that gun rags never say anything bad about pistols. I gave an honest critique re the mag capacity. It's not complaining genius, it's a comment. If you think that's complaining, I can't help you.

And no, a new mag won't "save" the G43X. I'd simply love to see one.

That Sig can't crank them out fast enough is great for Sig. That has nothing to do with my post. My post was to point out your dumb ass post. You mentioned the primer drag...remember that? scroll up and you'll see your dumb ass post that I'm referring to.

The primer drag on my original 365 and maaaaaaaany like was unbelievable. It was a massive gouge out to the edge of the casing. If you won't acknowledge that was a major issue and almost certainly the cause of the broken strikers, ok, I won't waste anymore time.

If the Glock 43X did anything like that, people would absolutely call them out on it...just like they did Sig. You can pretend all you want that the primer drag on the early 365's wasn't bad, but we all know it was.