SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OLIGHT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OLIGHT Login/Join 
posted
HAS ANYONE HAD ANYCOMMENTS ON THESE LIGHTS? ORDERED ONE BUT DIDNT FIT MY 320 X COMPACT WAS TO LONG ANY IDEAS FOR A LIGHT

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 13, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, what's with the all CAPS? Eek
Maybe try out the Streamlight TLR-7.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I ordered one on Black Friday from Amazon, but it got lost in shipment. Since it got lost, AMZN offered a refund which I took, and that was the end of it. If I ordered it again, it would be 25% higher, so that's that. No OLIGHT for me.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I have two. One for my G19 and the second one is attached to my G26 using a rail adopter for glock. The one on my 26 is the Olight-pl mini 2. Good tight fit on the rail adopter,controls are easy to get two even with my short fat fingers.I've dropped it twice and it stays right on. I can post a pic later if need be.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any weapon lights but do have a couple handhelds. For an everyday/utility light they are fantastic. Nice beam pattern, rechargeable, decent level settings, fairly easy UI. and good fit and finish.

I personally wouldn’t use them as a weapon / defensive light. Too many modes, I do not trust rechargeables for an it’s gotta work, what if it sits for long periods of time light and I doubt they have near the raw durability of something like Surefire.

All in all I have lots of positives to say about and I REALLY like mine but I generally prefer Streamlight, Surefire or ElZetta for something weapon mounted or for use in conjunction with a weapon.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Red,

Which one did you get? They have at least three. The PL-2 Valkyrie (full Sized), the PL-Mini (Glock 19 flush size), and the PL-Mini-2 (smaller than the Mini.)

I'm betting you got the Valkyrie. Send that back and get the Mini. You can use the Mini-2 also, but that's smaller than necessary.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have the PL mini on my glock 19 and I love it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I have the mini Valkerie and the PL-Pro. I'm pleased so far with both. The Streamlight might be built more robust and has great service, but for the money they (Olight) seem pretty good.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great lights, buy a gun it will fit on. Big Grin

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
welcome to the forum and the innernet,
All caps means that you are screaming on the www.

( just for future reference)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I don’t have any weapon lights but do have a couple handhelds. For an everyday/utility light they are fantastic. Nice beam pattern, rechargeable, decent level settings, fairly easy UI. and good fit and finish.

I personally wouldn’t use them as a weapon / defensive light. Too many modes, I do not trust rechargeables for an it’s gotta work, what if it sits for long periods of time light and I doubt they have near the raw durability of something like Surefire.

Im in the same boat, carry a copper Smini baton daily. For those with the Olight weapon lights, do they get hot like the handhelds?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got the PL Mini 2 for my P320 RX. I like it. Small, 400 lumens, rechargeable.

Posts: 97 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I just went all out.
I bought 2 PL-PRO and 2 PL-Mini lights.
I got them during Olight’s Black Friday event. The Pro models came with remote switches. I’m gonna try those on a rifle.
First thing I noticed: the chargers don’t interchange. Grrr.
Also, it seems the “Manual of Arms” is also a bit different more grr.

y’know, I really just want a light that comes on when I hit the switch. A momentary and a steady on are about all I want/need.

The Pros have a strobe. I can deal, I guess.
I’ll see how things work out.
The Pros are small enough for pistols, IMO.
But we will play with them for a bit and see.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correction: PL Mini 2 is 600 lumens.

quote:
Originally posted by Rebel-22:
I just got the PL Mini 2 for my P320 RX. I like it. Small, 400 lumens, rechargeable.

Posts: 97 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Olight's runtime on high is only 1/2 minutes, then drops down considerably. Streamlight blows it away and is proven.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
All lights of a similar size and a bajillion lumen setting will only run for a minute or three before they throttle themselves in order to thermally protect the light. Whether it’s a Surefire or Chinese crap.

Typically they will throttle down to about 600-700 lumens which is still plenty bright and typically the throttle down is gradual and not hugely noticeable.

One thing I like about the ElZetta Bravo is it is rated for 650 lumens for about an hour and a half and by god she runs at about 600+ lumens rock steady for a solid hour or so before tapering off.

Olight to their credit freely publishes and puts it in all their literature etc.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have three of the PL-Mini 2 Valkyries and several of their little hand-held flashlights. I’m very happy with all of them.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been running a PL Mini for quite a long time and have a mini 2 as well as some of their small keychain lights. All are really great lights and I trust their weaponlights enough to run on my backup.

The mini2 fits on subcompacts which is nice if thats what you are looking for. The PL mini fits G19ish rails. Good switches, no crazy programming on the gunlights. The charge lasts a long time even though the battery isnt replaceable so thats something to consider but how many cycles do you truely expect for a gunlight?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post