SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    H&K P9S - Crossed Another Single Stack Nine off my Wish List
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&K P9S - Crossed Another Single Stack Nine off my Wish List Login/Join 
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted
H&K P9S Combat with both Sear Engagement Adjustment and Trigger Stop Adjustment. Date Code 'HH' (1977). Most things I've read about the P9S indicate that those two adjustment features were only available on the P9S Target or Sport models, but a couple of places indicate that there were Combat models made with those adjustment features, but they were definitely in the minority of production. Per the seller, it has only been factory test fired, and it looks like that could be the case. Makes me wonder how many Combat models like it were made.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Now go shoot it and lets us know how well it shoots. :-D

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Very good, they were rare even when in production.

I always called them the Sharks Fin pistol, due to the shape of the front sight.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
One of the first pistols that I ever bought was a H&K P9S in .45 ACP, in 1978. Loved the pistol. At the time, I considered a manual safety a plus for loading and unloading, and a double action first shot with the safety off made it a plus to carry. The polygonal rifling and roller locking breach were really something special.
I wish that I had not sold it.
Hope you enjoy yours.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of USP45T
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. No import markings on the slide either. My 45 Target has HK Arlington on the slide. Check the buffer before you shoot it.

P220ST P226/9 556 X5L1/9

Posts: 381 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dumb question but is that large lever off to the side of the grip/trigger guard the mag release?

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
IIRC that is a decocking lever, you depress and pull the trigger I believe. “Don’t quote me and don’t test this with a round in the chamber in case I don’t remember correctly”.

Mag release is in the heel.

That is one of the nicer P9s I have ever seen. Awesome.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of USP45T
posted Hide Post
It’s an “everything” lever. It will decock, while pressed, and a pull of the trigger as stated. Pressing down will cock to SA if gun is in DA position. Pushing up will act as slide catch and will also drop the slide closed when pressed down.

P220ST P226/9 556 X5L1/9

Posts: 381 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the P9S!!!
The P9S Target 45 is a favorite; has the best stock single action trigger, amazing trigger reset with the trigger stop, resulting in a super accurate pistol!
The large lever is actually a cocking lever. To decock, if I remember correctly, point the pistol in a safe direction, safe the gun, depress the cocker all the way down, pull the trigger back and then slowly release the cocker and then allow trigger to move forward. Out of order and pistol goes bang!

Outstanding acquisition! Enjoy!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rick Hunter approves!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful condition. I have a LE trade in made one year earlier than yours. As for the de-cocker and manual safety: we can thank JP Sauer & Sohn of Suhl , Germany for blazing that trail by implementing that set up on their fabulous Model 38H.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice score! I am a fan of the P9S.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice example. I've owned several P9S variations,standard 9MM,Target 9MMs,Target.45,etc. Still have an early single action only P9. Never had or saw a standard/Combat model with trigger stop and sear adjustment screw. Pretty neat I think.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
FYI, DO NOT SHOOT THAT GUN WITHOUT CHECKING THE RECOIL BUFFER. IF YOU SHOOT THE GUN WITH A WORNOUT/DRY BUFFER, THE RECOIL WILL DAMAGE THE SHEET METAL FRAME.

There is a polymer buffer contained in a housing at the front of the frame. You need to remove the housing and pull the buffer out and check it. The buffer is an off-white polymer. If the buffer is dry, shrunk, hard, or cracked, it needs to be replaced. For buffer sources, contact HK, OR try HK Parts Online, or Numrich.

Congrats on the new P9S, it looks awesome.

Resources:
Buffer Removal:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-...-buffer-removal.html

Numrich HK P9S Parts (buffer towards bottom of page):
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/g...stols-hk/p9s9?page=2

HKParts.net - P9S buffer:
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...-Buffer-232p1449.htm

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congrats.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I've been wanting a P9S to go with my P7 PSP for some time.

I appreciate the warning about the dried out buffer. Storm, thanks for the links to parts resources. I'm going to go ahead and order a new buffer.

Regarding it being a Standard/Combat model with the two adjustment features, from what I can find, that combination existed in some P9S's that were originally delivered new in Europe, but the P9S's that were imported originally to US either did not have the two adjustment features on the Combat models, or it was rare on US delivered P9S Combats. Since this one has no importer stamp, it seems to add up that this gun was originally delivered new in Europe.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very, very, nice!! Congrats!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I need to get mine out a shoot it more often.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
HK goodness right there! Best condition P9 I can recall seeing.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great find. They are really neat pistols and way ahead of its time during that time period. I had a chance to shoot one suppressed and fell in love.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post