SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rail-less, tail-less, black Ilaflon-coated all stainless P226 - ** Update: Quick range report **
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rail-less, tail-less, black Ilaflon-coated all stainless P226 - ** Update: Quick range report ** Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the photo 12131. Its a fine pistol. We'll look forward to reading how it shoots. The trigger pull weights are very nice. Enjoy that one.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love it, shoots good too, the main thing for me.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being one of nine and coming out of the Germany Master Shop I am suprised that this pistol configuration has a short extractor rather than an internal extractor....

I would rather have a short extractor over an internal extractor and definitely a short or internal extractor over a long extractor every day of the week....Jusy my opinion....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Being one of nine and coming out of the Germany Master Shop I am suprised that this pistol configuration has a short extractor rather than an internal extractor....

I would rather have a short extractor over an internal extractor and definitely a short or internal extractor over a long extractor every day of the week....Jusy my opinion....Mark

I agree with you.

Here is another Mastershop gun with the short extractor, the X5 Short & Smart (pic from internet).

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Q. Thanks for the pics!

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I have U871228. It's the one I was considering having CCR refinish for a nickel appearance.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I have U871228. It's the one I was considering having CCR refinish for a nickel appearance.

If I ever want to do something to the finish, I'd have SIG bead blast the frame to natural stainless to create the RTT look, exactly like the stainless frame P228. Love the RTT look.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Sunday goin' to meetin' P228. In a fine fur lined holster. Coolest Sig pistols ever... Cool

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like the old style frame. 226s don't need tails, and I have never wanted a rail.

And the custom-shop treatment for the internals must be nice.

A nice gun, indeed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of musc
posted Hide Post
For some reason the pics aren't showing up but love this gun! Saw pics of it in the classified.

Posts: 93 | Location: SC | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by musc:
For some reason the pics aren't showing up but love this gun! Saw pics of it in the classified.

Photobucket was acting up, but it's working now.

Q

Picture of musc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by musc:

Photobucket was acting up, but it's working now.

Very nice shooting!

Posts: 93 | Location: SC | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

If I ever want to do something to the finish, I'd have SIG bead blast the frame to natural stainless to create the RTT look, exactly like the stainless frame P228. Love the RTT look.

Damm Q, that Afton Arms import folded steel slide P228 looks good. I too am a huge fan of RTT pistols!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Those aluminums look snazzy with the Ilaflon finish.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post