SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rail-less, tail-less, black Ilaflon-coated all stainless P226 - ** Update: Quick range report **
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rail-less, tail-less, black Ilaflon-coated all stainless P226 - ** Update: Quick range report ** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Wasn't really searching for this rare bird, but it just happened to pop up right in my face in the Classifieds, so, just had to snag it... THANK YOU, mbacker_99. Cool

Special ordered by Afton Arms, and built by the Mastershop in SIG Germany in 2011 (BB date code). Per SIG's records, only 9 samples were made. At first glance, one might think it's just an alloy frame Nitron P226. But, the instant you pick it up, there is no doubt it is an all stainless beast. The Ilaflon coat is typically smooth appearing. Previous owner fired 100 rounds through it. I have not live fired it. But dry firing it, I was very pleasantly surprised, because I thought I was pulling the triggers of my previous Allrounds. Actually, it is slightly better than the Allrounds. DA pull averages 8lbs, and SA at 3lbs breaking with zero creep, like glass. Truly a Mastershop gun. Wow!
Oh yeah, I have every intention of giving this gun the range sessions it deserves.

Enjoy the pics (with the stock plastic grips and the old style Alu grips). Cool
Note that SIG USA gave the gun the the Part Number with an error on it. E26R-9-SP. There is no Rail on this gun.

5/25/18 - Had a quick/short time for shooting this AM. 100 rounds fired.
Range: Indoor.
Ammo: Federal 147Gr HST, Speer 124Gr GDHP, Fiocchi 124Gr XTPHP, PPU 124Gr FMJ
Distance: all at 15 yards. The 25-yd lanes were all occupied.
Position: off hand
Malfunctions: none

Observations: What a sweet gun to shoot. The trigger is worthy of a Mastershop gun. At almost 43 oz, recoil is barely noticeable. I had the worst accuracy with the Federal 147 HST. It was all over the places. It could be that I started out shooting that round and was still getting used to the gun, so the accuracy suffered. But, overall, this is a piece of work. Next time out, I will bench rest at 25 yards and try to match T. Boegel's results. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Good pickup for your collection.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Superb! Congratulations.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
Wow what a treasure!
I had no idea they ever even made such an animal.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
When I grow up I want to be T. Boegel !!

Very nice addition Doc.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's nice 12131

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish every gun I bought was ilaflon finished

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That is how a P226 should be made. I like the early style rear sight. There are no locator dimples in its frame. That is certainly different than the American frame. Does it have a standard weight or heavy barrel Q ? One would think Sig USA could at least offer a non railed stainless model if they wanted to. Guess I am thinking too much.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Purdy man!!!!

Those Aluminium Sig grips bring out the sexy in that 226. I have them on my M11-A1 and love them.

Damn that is purdy

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
That is how a P226 should be made. I like the early style rear sight. There are no locator dimples in its frame. That is certainly different than the American frame. Does it have a standard weight or heavy barrel Q ? One would think Sig USA could at least offer a non railed stainless model if they wanted to. Guess I am thinking too much.

The natural stainless German P226, also Afton Arms' special order, has that dimple on each side of the frame, David. If you check out that ad by mbacker_99 in the Classifieds, where hurstolds1 post pics of his, you'll see them.

The barrel is standard, not heavy.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's nice.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
When I grow up I want to be T. Boegel !!

Very nice addition Doc.

HK Ag

No kidding !
Nice shooting, Tex !

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow that is stunning.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I like that alot.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take it! I've got a spare kidney listed on the dark web, and as soon as it sells, I'll wire you the funds! Great score, Q, congrats!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Thou shalt not covet”

I just can’t help myself.

The only thing I like more than stainless steel is stainless steel with a black finish.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
So your new gun is an Ilaflon coated P226 SL except tuned by the Mastershop? I thought the P226 SL was a standard model made in Eckernforde and sold in Germany and maybe Europe that was never officially imported by Exeter, just by Afton Arms.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Q, it’s a gem!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
So your new gun is an Ilaflon coated P226 SL except tuned by the Mastershop? I thought the P226 SL was a standard model made in Eckernforde and sold in Germany and maybe Europe that was never officially imported by Exeter, just by Afton Arms.

Whoever imported these guns has to mark their name on the guns, by law. Note who the importer is on the slide. It's SIG NH, not Afton. That's why SIG NH has records of these guns, and, per their records, 9 units were built for the order. Afton was simply the ordering dealer at the time, and they used SIG NH to import them.

If you look at the current Xguns being imported, you will not find SIG NH name on them, but whoever imported those guns. Wink

Q