SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how are you guys liking your Glock 43? Login/Join 
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Here it is with a generic Hogue grip, a Taran Tactical +2

Merely fact-finding at this point. For those who have used them, has those Taran base pads been dead-on reliable? No falling off the mags or any cycling glitches as a result of constant use?

Probably have close to 1500 rounds thru my 43 with two sets of the Taran +1's and two sets of the +2's: not a single issue with either. These are well made top quality parts. I have Pearce extensions on several Glocks and they work fine....the Taran product is of much higher quality. You pay for what you get.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About a thousand rounds thru mine. Conceals in my pocket, fun to shoot, shoots like a full size in terms of accuracy, and function has been flawless.
I think it's a game changer in the pocket/subcompact 9mm game.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
I picked mine up on Saturday and got to the range on Sunday. 120 rounds with a mix of a couple different hollow points and some FMJ. Zero malfunctions. I've ordered a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, a Concealment Solutions Black Mamba CE IWB and a set of XS 24/7 sights for it. Can't wait to get it into the carry rotation.

BTW, I've already sold my Shield. Love the G43.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love it, bought the little IWB clip holster from Ozark Holster Company (Sigforum member) and its a fantastic holster for great gun.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I like mine a lot. It pretty much replaced my J Frame as my "quick run to the store" gun. I've got a IWB Kydex holster that I can just clip on quickly and makes the gun vanish under a t shirt. It's also small enough to pocket carry when I'm in cargo pants or shorts. Jeans are still problematic for me with anything other than the J Frame or P3AT size pistols. I run standard pressure 124 gr HST in it and it is very manageable.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the comments on the Taran parts. They will come in handy as I'm thinking that the +1 plates will do quite nicely. I told myself I wasn't interested in the G43 but as fate would have it a fresh one beckoned, and as usual resistance was futile (so okay it's from the wrong 'Star' franchise, but in this case the thought is wholly appropriate).

Quick initial observations...relatively heavy break but incredibly clean trigger with no detectable creep. At all. So unlike any of the factory triggers as they came on my other Glocks. The trigger action reminds me of my old Gen2 G19, only with little to no slop. Me likey. Definitely very unGen4-like. Grip texture doesn't seem particularly grippy. I think a grip sleeve or grip tape will ultimately be a must. It'll get a workout along with my VP40 tomorrow, and I think my G26 and XDS msy tag along as well for some direct comparisons.

I'm getting ahead of myself, but some further thoughts for down the road. Too large for me to pocket carry but I think IWB will be a breeze, just as the XDS is. Now I guess I get to see if it'll knock my G23 off of its EDC perch...but ONLY after I send it out to have the slide redone in something more rust-resistant than the factory oxide crap. No more pitted Glock slides for me; none of my vile, evil sweat will find its way onto this little one before it's ready.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, as I've said, my experiences with the G43 have given me a renewed appreciation for just how good a pistol is the Glock G26.

For other people with smaller hands and/or a grip style different than my own, the G43 can be a superb choice for concealed carry.

As for myself, I acquired a new G26 because my Gen 2.5 G26 is a bit too slick, and I didn't want to modify this old friend I've had for coming up on 20 years.
I sent my new G26 to Cold Bore Customs and had them texture the grip 360 degrees along with two Pearce grip extensions. I put Trijicons on the pistol, a factory 3.5 pound connector and dropped in a smooth-faced factory trigger after doing a seventy-five cent (a very thorough polishing) trigger job on the lockwork.

I acquired an Ozarks Holsters OWB and mag carrier for the pistol, along with a Armour Belts 1.5" belt, and all of this gear exceeds my expectations. In short, I am in bidness.

As for the G43, it worked out anyway, as this pistol is now in the possession of my wife, loaded with standard pressure 124 grain Federal HST.

Namaste

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you have been successfully carrying a G23, why step down to the G43? Yes, it would conceal a bit better. But it sounds like you'd be holster carrying, which is what I assume you do with the 23. If you can already conceal that, why give up a lot of firepower? I think of the 43 as a gun to carry when you specifically can't carry something like a 23.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I'm getting ahead of myself, but some further thoughts for down the road. Too large for me to pocket carry but I think IWB will be a breeze, just as the XDS is. Now I guess I get to see if it'll knock my G23 off of its EDC perch...but ONLY after I send it out to have the slide redone in something more rust-resistant than the factory oxide crap. No more pitted Glock slides for me; none of my vile, evil sweat will find its way onto this little one before it's ready.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe I have my cancer on the run, at least for now and am still very happy with my G43.

My hands are fairly large and my strength is probably only about a quarter of what it was before the Radiation and Chemo over 7 weeks this summer.

For example, I can rack the slide probably as quickly as I ever could. On the other hand, racking my new 30S takes a bit longer (which is why I don't carry it for self defense).

I carry the 43 in a Crossbreed AIWB and, even though I have lost 50 lbs over the summer as a result of my treatment, and am kind of a skinny old man, it disappears under a T-shirt.

I am considering getting my wife a glock 42.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
btt to see how everyone is liking their G43.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'll be grabbing one up next month if my finances go a planned.
Henning is making a +2 base pad that I plan on using. Should make the little G43 feel better at the range.

http://henningshop.com/product...xtension#productTabs

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have about 500 rounds through my 43 without any malfunctions. Very accurate. I let my daughter shoot it this morning. I may need to buy another one soon since she loved it.

Posts: 30 | Location: ST. CLAIR SHORES, MI, USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my Glock 43. Tried to hold off but its such a good gun for concealment. I haven't had it for too long, and holsters are hard to find. For iwb I use Stealthgear holsters, and theyre 3 to 5 weeks out for g43 holsters, so i stalked ebay for two days and found a lightly used stealthgear g43 holster for 20 or so less than i can get one here at the factory.

I watched Hickok45's videos on the mag extensions, the size, the reliability, etc. And talked to a good friend of mine who loves his 43. So when i stumbled onto one in stock locally for the 449, i jumped on it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My G43 has replaced the S&W Shield as my EDC. It has been flawless so far with both range and carry ammo. The N8 Tactical Professional holster I'm using is very comfortable. Almost as comfortable as the Nelson Stealth holster I have for my other carry gun (G30s)...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
700ish rounds through mine and not a hiccup. The ghost connector/trigger has really broken in nicely.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Mine's running like a champ, probably close to 2k rds thru it so far and not one jam or problem.

I shoot high thumbs, but have been fortunate that my thumb has not actuated the slide stop prematurely.

I put on Talon rubber style grips, Trijicon front & 10-8 rear sights, Ghost connector and polished up the internals. The little pistol really shoots nicely to POA and is a pleasure to carry.

I use a SHTF IWB holster, and an Ozarks OWB belt holster. I also use an ankle holster frequently, which is a Desantis (Apache type).
When using the ankle holster I use the factory 6 round flat bottom mag. When using a belt holster I use mags with the Pearce +1 baseplate.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still recovering my strength after the battle with cancer, then, of course, I tore my retina.But the cancer is gone and the retina is, at least, okay for now.

And, my strength is back to the point I feel confident in carrying the 43. I've been practicing with it, especially reloading quickly and believe I am handling it as well as I handled other semis before I got sick.

I love the little 43, it carries well, shoots well and is a great firearm. I love it.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
btt to see how everyone is liking their G43.

I still love it and carry it regularly. I slowed down on putting rounds downrange but still shoot it twice a month. I'm now at the 6,000 round mark without any issues.

My wife has one as well, and she did put 1k rounds of 124 +P replicated handloads through it without any hitches. She finally has a gun that she feels comfortable carrying on her waist.

I've been helping out a friend of mine who recently got signed on as an officer in the local PD. I let him shoot mine the other day, and he went out afterwards and bought one immediately.

My 43 has by all accounts the best trigger of all my Glocks. Granted I did a good polish on it and dropped in a Ghost connector. You know how most Glock triggers hits the 'wall' and you still have a little slop before tripping the striker? This diminutive gem has none of that. Press the trigger as slow as you can and after the pre-travel you hit the wall and snap. So perfect. Not even my Zev Fulcrum, Skimmer, Agency, and Glockkraft triggers with various connector/spring combos can even come close.

It hasn't replaced the 19 or 26 as my primary carry, but it finds its way into my pocket regularly or in my waist when I'm out for a quick jaunt.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
My 43 has by all accounts the best trigger of all my Glocks.

Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
Still really liking my 43. Swapped out the stock sights with a set of Hackathorn sights and followed the recommendations of others and installed the Ghost connector. Several hundred rounds later and I've had no issues. I'm very pleased with my purchase. I'll likely qualify with my 43 next month so I can carry it as a BUG at work.

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 587 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post