SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how are you guys liking your Glock 43? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I carry mine daily in a Remora behind my back even when wearing light weight shorts and no gun belt... excellent summer carry piece... 200 rounds so far without any issues.. I am a Sig fan but I too am inpressed with this pistol.....

Posts: 253 | Location: Hartwell, GA | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot an IDPA match with mine over the weekend and the gun performed flawlessly. (The shooter did not perform flawlessly, just the gun.) The stages included strong hand only, weak hand only, shooting from retention, and even a few longer shots. It was a total blast, and I think that BUG may be my new favorite division. Any issues that I had with the gun have been resolved.

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adirondack Mtn Guy, The One Stop Shop
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
Just shoot with thumbs high and relaxed in order to keep your thumb/s away from the slide lock. They are the culprit every single time. And the cool part about that is, it'll work for every single handgun out there and also helps to avoid the safety for the 1911 style shooters.

Smile Wink Cool

Take Care, God Bless, and be safe!
~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

http://www.MacGregorSpecialties.com
NRA Certified Instructor
Defensive Shooting Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!
And another one on top, Feb 14, 2012!

Challenge my Brute! http://mac.mybrute.com

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdkMtnGuy:
Just shoot with thumbs high and relaxed in order to keep your thumb/s away from the slide lock.
I shoot how I shoot, and what you're suggesting isn't going to happen. I'm not going to alter my grip to accommodate this one pistol.
I'll be using a G26 instead, with which have had no problems in 19 years of ownership- not one single malfunction, shooter-induced or otherwise. This is the level of reliability I require and that I cannot achieve it with the G43.

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
A very interesting read over the days in this thread. I had read from different sources that Glock had gone out of their way to get this one right. Glad that it has worked out for most people (and sorry it has not worked out for some) but in doing my research and reading the XD-S thread here as well, I opted for a XD-S 9mm instead of the G43, especially with the mag rebate they were offering. The TREMENDOUS benefit of this forum and the combined knowledge, experience, and sharing that goes on can not be overstated! I am wondering if the G43 will still go through some changes as the G42 reportedly has with minor changes to parts and frame over time? Glad I waited on ordering a 42 for that reason but am looking forward to getting mine this week as an early 42nd birthday present to myself. If all goes well, the 42 will replace my P238 for those instances I carry it. Big Grin

On another note, I'm another one in the "my grip is my grip" camp. I want to be able to grab a gun, ANY gun with a grip I'm comfortable and have trained with and not have to worry about how I'm holding it or where my fingers are before or while firing it. That's just part of the overall reliability and confidence I require of carrying and using a gun you trust with your life and the life of loved ones. I feel this way even for my range / larger pistols. A good example is the Walther PPQ. The original mag paddle release works great for me and my grip but in that particular pistol, I do not like the placement and implementation of the M2 button release which my wife prefers.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just shoot with thumbs high

I shoot high thumbs and that frequently creates the opposite problem of my thumb pressing on the slidestop and the slide not locking back on the empty mag.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm liking mine a lot. It will not dethrone my PPS as my favorite Summer carry pistol but it sees some holster time.
Accuracy surprised me and it's comfortable in my hand. I did not have to alter my grip as mine is thumbs down and I've never had a problem with any pistol.
All good so far.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I shoot high thumbs and that frequently creates the opposite problem of my thumb pressing on the slidestop and the slide not locking back on the empty mag.

I let a friend shoot mine and he did the same thing with 4 out of 6 magazines. He is a 1911 guy, and the gun definitely is not for him.

As for me, I have not had any problems since early on, and I am at about 1000 rounds. I shot another IDPA match with the gun. I also ran a magazine (equipped with a Taran +1 extension base) of the new Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman 147 grain +P flat point hard cast through the gun with no trouble. I am waiting for the time and materials to do a water jug test and see how many that round will perforate.

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tack 1911
posted Hide Post
I just bought a GEN 4 Glock 19 and a Glock 43 this afternoon. I will put out a range report sometime during the weekend concerning the Glock 43, and it will be a detailed one.

Posts: 325 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I say the following without the slightest sarcasm- It's apparent the problem is me, not the pistol. I have to be slide-locking it with my thumb during recoil. The reason I was able to fire a hundred rounds of Federal fmj ammo through the pistol without a hitch is because it's standard pressure ammunition. The snappier recoil of the higher pressure ammo is causing my thumb to hit the lever.

Same thing happens to me when I try to naturally hold a Makarov. I have to curl and cock my strong hand thumb way down on the grip.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?

Mines a keeper! Big Grin Big Grin

Shot it for the first time this morning...376 flawless rounds thru it.

A mix of ball and HP ranging from 115 gr. to 147 gr. 100%

JimC - NRA Life Member since '69

Posts: 452 | Location: Central FL, USA | Registered: August 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm still really really liking the 43. I just hit the 4k round mark without any problems. There's a GSSF match this weekend so I may enter the micro-category too if it even exists.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Mine has been awesome, just 1000 rounds (from 115 to 147+p) without issue. Here it is with a generic Hogue grip, a Taran Tactical +2 base plate and I've got an extended slide stop...I just added XD Big Dot sights today, not in pic.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had mine since April and it runs great for me. It has become my "EDC" (well, most of the time anyway). Eats anything I feed it. I dont find the recoil to be harsh at all. I bought extra mags for it so i guess that means its a keeper.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought mine today, and put 125 rounds through it at the LGS's range. I was very satisfied with the reliability (no issues at all), the feel of the 43 in my hand, & the accuracy.

I am recovering from Cancer treatments,7 weeks of chemo and, at the same time, 35 days of radiation. I lost 40 lbs, have lost a lot of strength and, at 67, kinda look like a little old man.

I was worried that I might not be able to rack the slide, or, perhaps, hit the target (this from a former bullseye and IPSC shooter). But I was able to handle the 43, and hit the target, though not nearly as accurately as I once could have done.

I plan to give it another work out next week, but, so far, I really like it and have ordered some Trij night sights with the yellow front.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love mine. Easy to shoot even with Winnie Ranger 124 grain +p's. Accurate and not even a bobble. Never had an issue with my G42 either.

I am not a big fan of Glock's full size guns, but I have to say I enjoy their itty-bitty guns.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPP
posted Hide Post
I have 600 rounds through mine, my wife has 100 through hers. Zero malfunctions, zero problems. We have shot Winchester and Remington fmj, Winchester hollow points and mostly my RN plated bullet hand loads.

The G43 is a great little 9mm. Very easy to shoot for a little gun. I cannot say enough good things about it. Great.

Posts: 1935 | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here it is with a generic Hogue grip, a Taran Tactical +2

Merely fact-finding at this point. For those who have used them, has those Taran base pads been dead-on reliable? No falling off the mags or any cycling glitches as a result of constant use?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Here it is with a generic Hogue grip, a Taran Tactical +2

Merely fact-finding at this point. For those who have used them, has those Taran base pads been dead-on reliable? No falling off the mags or any cycling glitches as a result of constant use?
my limited experience with the taran baseplates has been positive.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

my limited experience with the taran baseplates has been positive.

I can't say I've shot with them extensively or under constant use, but my experience has also been completely positive. A couple of hundred rounds have proved the two I have to work fine with no issues so far.

I initially balked at the cost but decided to go ahead and get a couple of the +1's. I don't like the +2's- I think they are too big and bulky, whereas the +1's add just enough length to improve the grip a bit while not really affecting concealment.

I will say they are very well-engineered and manufactured. The pin you push up after putting the plate on is well-placed and fits tight- it is also recessed enough when in the gun so there is really no risk of it being pushed out under "normal" every-day carry use. I do not see the plates coming off unintentionally.

I am pleased with my purchase. I have heard that Pearce was supposed to release their own +1's in August- that hasn't happened. I'd rather have these than wait for Pearce to get around to it. I also like these better than the other ones I have seen- the others are just too big and bulky for +1's.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post