SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how are you guys liking your Glock 43? Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Para, this very disappointing to hear. For other reasons I haven't been particularly enamored with the slide catch design of the 42/43 (ease of reassembly), but for it to have the potential for problems that result in operational stoppages is definitely unsettling. Considering how well it works in all previous Glock models, I didn't get why Glock felt the need to depart from their original stop design. To hear of this problem with JHPs now I'm understanding this change even less.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's because of the very confined spaces of the single stack design.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I'm extremely disappointed as well to hear this and I hope they go out of their way to make it right.

The one I got a little while back has sat while I have been unable to make the time to get out and test it. I'm going to do my best to get out this week.

Please let us know what they do/say, Para.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Mine has been flawless for about 200 rounds of mixed FMJ and 50 rounds of Critical Duty. I expected more recoil than there is given the size. I'm quite happy with the little guy. Keeping 7 rounds on a steel torso at 25 yards was absolutely no issue even shooting at speed (maybe 4 seconds).

Hopefully those who have had an issue will get it sorted.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I should be able to use any ammunition I damn well please. It's a Glock.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I should be able to use any ammunition I damn well please. It's a Glock.

No argument there.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, wish I had known of parabellum's issues with his Glock before I ordered mine. I know others have had good luck with theirs, but even hearing of just one Glock with issues from a reliable source likely would have made me wait awhile.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I purchased one. I've fired 232 rounds so far. I have experienced premature slide locks several times and this is very disconcerting.

All three defensive loads I've tried- Speer 124 grain GD +P; Federal HST 124 grain +P; Federal 9BPLE +P+ have all locked the slide prematurely, sometimes several times in a single magazine. The only thing which hasn't locked the slide prematurely was the 100 rounds of Federal American Eagle AE9AP 124 grain fmj which I shot initially.

Are you right handed and is there any possibility that your hand size and/or grip and/or support hand fingers are hitting the slide stop lever during recoil and locking the slide? I let someone shoot mine last week and he managed to prevent the slide from locking back after the last shot at least 4 out of 6 magazines, something I never experienced. (I think he was riding the lever like a 1911 safety.)

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm no rookie

This is a known issue with the G42 and just about every thread you find online discussing it, it's always asked if their thumb is hitting the slide stop and the shooter always says no.

Take a look at Hickock45's G42 review. I think it was in the first one, but may be in the second. When he attempts to fire Buffalo Bore .380 in the pistol, the slide locks back by itself.

It's fucking bullshit that this issue is now coming up in another pistol of very similar design. I should not be having this issue.

posted Hide Post
Hey, I know you are not a rookie and certainly never intended to imply that.

One thing I noticed with mine is that the ejector presses down on the top cartridge. With one magazine it was canting the nose of the cartridge to the left noticeably, which possibly can contribute to what is happening to yours.

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're on the right track. I noticed this on the very first slide lock I had during firing.

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Aw man! Sorry to hear that.

That is dissappointing.

I had the same exact issue with a 9mm walther PPS, but the cause was a broken spring, not rushed design. Still, its a crappy failure. Id rather the slide not lock back at all rather than cause the gun to be a manual repeater.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I am pretty confident that you and Glock will correct the slide lock issue, but that makes it no less a pain in the ass. I have not ran +P thru mine yet, but I will shortly. Keep us posted . MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
Well I am pretty confident that you and Glock will correct the slide lock issue, but that makes it no less a pain in the ass.
Then, you're one up on me. I have a bad feeling about this.

Freakin' unreal. From a Glock!

Twenty-two years, 10 pistols and I don't know how many thousands of rounds without a single hiccup, and now this shit! I'll tell you how I feel right now. I'd like to find deep water and toss this fucking thing in it.

posted Hide Post
Re: Remora riding "too high" with clip....

Unless Remora has changed / added to the product line since I bought mine (always possible) they're not meant to be _worn_ with the clip - the clip is there to hold it in place while you tuck, then remove the clip.

Pardon my butting in if the product line has changed and I missed the memo. Wink

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad they came out with it.
Gave the chance at a hardly used Shield for next to nothing. I do like it and no issues at all.
Thank you glock!

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've only ran Winchester NATO 124gr FMJ, Perfect 115gr FMJ and Speer GDHP 124gr (standard and +P) through mine so far, 340 rounds. So far, no problems, but I agree that a gun should be able to run any regular factory ammo. I will dump my G43 if it becomes ammo finicky. Right now, I really like it though.

quote:
Re: Remora riding "too high" with clip....

Unless Remora has changed / added to the product line since I bought mine (always possible) they're not meant to be _worn_ with the clip - the clip is there to hold it in place while you tuck, then remove the clip.

Remora has a regular clip holster now. I also found the clip was in the wrong place and made the gun ride too high (for a Kahr though). I returned it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I just picked mine up. Haven't shot it yet. Noticed a little slide play and mild rattle at the rear. Was told this is normal by Glock. Anyone else notice this?

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Noticed a little slide play and mild rattle at the rear. Was told this is normal by Glock. Anyone else notice this?

All my Glocks have a bit of slide play and a little rattle when unloaded.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Noticed a little slide play and mild rattle at the rear. Was told this is normal by Glock. Anyone else notice this?

All my Glocks have a bit of slide play and a little rattle when unloaded.

Interesting. My 17 and 34 do not. Just the 43. It affects nothing I'm sure, just am curious.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post