SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how are you guys liking your Glock 43? Login/Join 
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
Recently bought a G43-my first Glock. One range visit so far-very snappy but practice makes perfect and the Pachmayr grip sleeves that are on the way should mitigate some of this(also ordered a Bravo Kydex OWB).

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Can you provide some detail of the malfunction? Are the rounds jammed in a vertical position, with the nose of the round against the roof of the chamber?

Yes, that's exactly what was happening.

A nose climb with the rim of the case resting on the magazine follower and the nose of the bullet up against the upper portion of the chamber.

On my first range trip, I was only using the factory magazine with the extended base that comes with the pistol, ( I had two other magazines, but I'd stupidly forgot to pack them in the range bag. ) This was when I began to experience this some what odd failure to feed. I started with three hundred rounds of FMJs and they ran fine. As soon as I tried out the HSTs, the last round in the magazine would nose climb. On at least four different tries.

On the next range trip with the two other magazines, I believe I had no problems with the HSTs, ( or the Gold Dots I'd tried ) so I went back to the first magazine that I'd had the problems with and it stopped having the nose climb issue. Very odd. I hadn't done anything to the gun as far as the chamber/feed ramp goes.

I've probably got over seven hundred rounds fired from this pistol so far and it's running perfectly since the nose climb issue worked itself out.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
An update. Since changing to the Vickers slide stop, I have not experienced premature slide lock even a single time. With the Vickers part in place, I've fired about 260 rounds, a combination of Winchester Q4318, Federal HST 124 grain and 124 grain +P. Using my standard grip, the pistol now functions.

We're not out of the woods yet. I need to do some more function testing before I'd feel comfortable carrying this pistol, but if you're experiencing premature slide lock in a G42/43, I recommend you give the Vickers slide stop a try.

This solved my issues as well. And the Vickers slide stop is much easier to manipulate as a slide release if you choose to do so.

In any case, as far as other tweaks to the G43 go... I would advise against the Vickers extended magazine release for the G43. Not only is it not any more "extended" than the factory mag release, it actually sticks if you press the button too hard. The factory mag release does not have this issue. Stay away from the Vickers extended mag release for the G43 -- I love it for my G19 but the G43 model is garbage.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
Can you provide some detail of the malfunction? Are the rounds jammed in a vertical position, with the nose of the round against the roof of the chamber?
Yes, that's exactly what was happening.
If you look back on page 4, I had the same issue, but only once so far.
quote:
To keep things interesting, I had a malfunction with this pistol today. The last round out of the third of four magazines of the Q4318- this round, in feeding out of the magazine, ended up with its nose against the roof of the chamber hood.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Love my G43 so far. But I also literally just bought a Shield 9mm with a thumb safety due to the low price and $75 dollar mail-in rebate with Smith and Wesson. Hope to compare both at the range this weekend. A sub-$300 dollar highly rated carry gun is too cheap to pass up. They will sell a ton more of them with the $75 dollar rebate and with it being tax return season.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Purchased a 43 yesterday as a birthday present from the wife and kids. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but in dryfire the trigger seems extremely stiff even for a Glock. I'll be interested to see if it loosens up a bit after some rounds and dry fire. I've got an incog on the way and overall am liking it's size.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I find the trigger take-up on the G43 to be spongy. After installing the newer connector, part number 33564, the trigger release is lighter than what it was right out of the box. That's not saying much, though, considering how heavy it was.
I did a twenty five cent trigger job on it. The release feels about the same as the stock connector on a Glock, but with a slightly crisper release.
The sponginess of the take-up remains, however.

Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Went to the range this morning at 5:30 before work. I love being able to go at that time as I'm the only one there and can do what I'd like and not stuck to static drills. Granted I was focused on taking the 43 out for the first time so that didn't matter much. Anyways overall I enjoyed it. I was shocked at how quickly it came back on target and allowed for follow up shots.

While I can't imagine to many more extended sessions like today it wasn't bad putting 195 rounds through it. I put 150 of my 124 gr reloads and 45 124gr +P HST. I only had one failure with my reloads and I'm going to place the blame on myself due to premature slide lock. By the time I was done I ended up with glock trigger and a small blister near the web of my hand. I'm going to look into swapping the trigger shoe at some point along with either talons or giving stippling a shot. I'm already contemplating when and how to get a 19 to go with it. Just not sure if I like selling another to get it, but being a family of 6 will do that.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find the trigger take-up on the G43 to be spongy. After installing the newer connector, part number 33564, the trigger release is lighter than what it was right out of the box. That's not saying much, though, considering how heavy it was.
I did a twenty five cent trigger job on it. The release feels about the same as the stock connector on a Glock, but with a slightly crisper release.
The sponginess of the take-up remains, however.

That may smooth out with more shooting and/or dry fire. You might want to wait that out awhile before making any other changes.

I bought mine before the connector update and installed a Ghost Edge connector along with the $.25 polish job. This took most of the grittiness out and improved the break quite a bit. It has improved the more it's been shot and is now pretty darn good. I am still thinking about changing out the trigger shoe with a smooth faced Overwatch aftermaket part as the serrations are not my favorite.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not making any further changes to the trigger, The take-up means nothing. It's all in the release.

Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I will also add that trigger feel during dry fire is completely different than that of live fire. During dry fire I took notice to how stiff it was however under fire it felt consistent and not to bad. Still heavier than a typical Glock but not bad. The only change I'd make to the trigger is possibly the shoe. I want to see how everything smooths out over time.

Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
It may have already been covered but what holster recommendations do you guys have? I've been using the INCOG Eclipse the past couple of days and quite honestly am not sold on it. Appendix doesn't work with my gut which is fine I moved the clip around and have been using it at the 3:30/4 position. Problem is with it being so small it's actually irritating my hip bone and creating a sore spot. I carry my 229 at the same spot with no issues which is the odd part.

Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat my Kahr PM9 which shoots anything I throw in the magazine!

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:

Confused and how do you like your Glock 43? Oh wait...

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:

Confused and how do you like your Glock 43? Oh wait...

I tried the Glock 43 and after reading this thread and others and u tube and I see no advantage other than price to give up on my Kahr PM. CHeck out u tube and some blogs.
https://youtu.be/XL6_AucmJkU

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
birddog's point is that the subject of this thread is the Glock G43, and he is correct in pointing this out. If you want to discuss your favorite pocket pistol, start a thread. We're talking about Glocks in this one.

Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
birddog's point is that the subject of this thread is the Glock G43, and he is correct in pointing this out. If you want to discuss your favorite pocket pistol, start a thread. We're talking about Glocks in this one.

Point taken!

posted Hide Post
One of the chief advantages to the G43 as a concealment firearm (there are many) is the commonality in handling and manual of arms if one is carrying other Glocks.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, given my continued success with the G43, I bought a G42. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well I shoot this tiny thing, but my first range session with the pistol wouldn't have been complete without me prematurely slide locking it.

I shot 62 rounds of Federal American Eagle 95 grain fmj through it and slide-locked it on the second or third round out of a magazine.

The pistol is box stock, so in order to eliminate the slide locking, I'll give it the same treatment I gave my G43- Talon grip tape and a Vickers slide release.

No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I bought my daughter a G42 after she said my G43 was too big(she loves her 42). Testing the retention of her holster, every time I drew, I hit the mag release and dumped the magazine. It appears that thump placement is important on these small grip pistols, slide lock or mag dump. She and I need more range time so I can try to master the imp.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post