SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how are you guys liking your Glock 43? Login/Join 
posted
And what do you carry yours in? I just ordered one and should be getting it in a few days. I came across a thread where para was talking about getting a Remora IWB (6G-ART) holster for his. I had never heard of this brand, but looked it up and they look really nice for a good price.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying mine in a Remora as well. I have both the standard no clip and recently ordered the one with the clip. Honestly the clip is too low for my liking so the butt of the gun rides very high...I much prefer the no clip version.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like mine so far. I've only got 300 rounds through it so not carrying it yet. It'll be carried in a Keeper's Concealment Errand when not wearing a belt (sweat's, gym, board shorts). I've got some Taran Tactical +1 baseplates and Ameriglo TCAP's on the way for it. Not crazy about the texturing on it, probably gonna send it out to be stippled.

Posts: 763 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Finally got to handle one, and almost walked out the store with it.

I need to shoot one yet, but as far as handling, it felt a hell of a lot better than my PPS.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far my 43 has been very good with about 400 rounds fired. I am shooting it almost as good as my 26. Carry wise I Have a Galco pro pocket on back order (8 weeks) and a Garrett STX 2.0 owb enroute. Soft shooter for a nine ,will put Trijicon HDs Orange on shortly. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I've been carrying mine in a Remora as well. I have both the standard no clip and recently ordered the one with the clip. Honestly the clip is too low for my liking so the butt of the gun rides very high...I much prefer the no clip version.

Do you have either the sweat shield or full sweat shield? How about the leather lining?

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased one, shot it and sold it for a Kahr MK9 to go along with my K9. I just cannot shoot Glocks well. The difference in size between the K9 and Glock 43 is small, but you get one extra round and a better trigger if you ask me. I did like the weight of the Glock.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few days ago, just ordered spare mags, which means she's a keeper Wink I'm glad I held out for the 9mm over .380

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Where can you order spare mags??

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Greg Cote is showing them, flush-fit for $24.95, extended for $30.95 (extended sold out), both 6-round. http://www.gregcotellc.com/car...0ddf1d9fe714590c5285 For sold out items you can get on his e-mail list and be notified when available again.

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Where can you order spare mags??

I got mine from Aim Surplus, 2 extended mags. Looks like they are sold out now.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved mine overall but ended trading it up even to a friend for a Glock 30S. I found the 43 pocket carried nicely and will pick up another in the near future. Back to my 42 for pocket duty until then.

Posts: 693 | Location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania | Registered: December 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought one. I'm thinking of putting it in the Classifieds for a trade.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Greg Cote is showing them, flush-fit for $24.95, extended for $30.95 (extended sold out), both 6-round. http://www.gregcotellc.com/car...0ddf1d9fe714590c5285 For sold out items you can get on his e-mail list and be notified when available again.

Thanks for the heads up, as I just ordered 2 flush-fit mags. I already have a holster and Ameriglo sights sitting here, now I just need my G43 as I'm on the waiting list at Bud's.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot one last weekend and here are my thoughts:
Nice fit and finish as you would expect from glock. Only shot 50 rounds but no jams. Nice gun over all. The recoil is fairly snappy. Felt like shooting a air weight with +ps rounds. So much so that I had no desire to shoot more then the 50 rounds. Over all it is a nice gun.

Posts: 421 | Location: Richmond Va. | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone make an OWB with a "straight-up" draw amd thumb break? DeSantis has a model with thumb break

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...cm_vc=ProductFinding

but it has a forward cant. I'd prefer something w/o that cant.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I purchased one. I've fired 232 rounds so far. I have experienced premature slide locks several times and this is very disconcerting.

All three defensive loads I've tried- Speer 124 grain GD +P; Federal HST 124 grain +P; Federal 9BPLE +P+ have all locked the slide prematurely, sometimes several times in a single magazine. The only thing which hasn't locked the slide prematurely was the 100 rounds of Federal American Eagle AE9AP 124 grain fmj which I shot initially.

I am thoroughly pissed off. I've owned and shot Glocks for 22 years and I have never experienced this kind of outrageous bullshit with a Glock.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have experienced premature slide locks several times and this is very dosconcerting.

Frown

Well poop.

124HST is my go-to. This is not good news.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's very disappointing. Doing some research after the fact, I discovered this is a known issue from last year with the G42 (the G43 uses the same slide release lever). It's the tab on the slide release lever which engages the mag follower. Bullets are hitting it as they come up in the column and engaging the slide stop.

I'm paying Glock a visit this week, and I am very, very unhappy and very, very disappointed. I've never had the first malfunction from any of my 10 other Glocks in thousands of rounds and more than two decades of shooting. They'd better not tell me this pistol can't be used with +P. It's a Glock, for God's sake!

In a word, this is bullshit.

I've ordered a Vickers slide stop, which may correct the issue, but the G26 looks awfully good right now. Awfully good.

I'm going to make efforts to get this thing to run, but I am so pissed off right now. Very, very disappointing from a gun maker who has previously supplied me with flawless machines.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your issues para. I've run around 50rds of Federal 9BPLE +P+ with zero issues......

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post