SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W Metal Pistols all Gone ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Metal Pistols all Gone ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My 4054 (one of 154 made) sits in my safe. Bought used for $350.00 2 years ago.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
As has been said, if there is a metal framed pistol you want, that is available, now is the time to buy it.

That being said polymer is probably going to end up being superior in most every way. Cared for equally a metal framed gun will stand the test of time longer but I would guess the practical lifespan of a cared for polymer Gun will end up being more than one generation of user.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
My dad has a 659 and that thing is a tank. It was old when he bought it and that was almost 20 years ago. It continues to serve him well to this day.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
I will buy the next 5906 that I see at a good price. And it will watch Reservoir Dogs with me.

I have a buddy who bought a 3904 25+ years ago and never bought another semi auto because that one just fits him perfectly.
I returned that movie to the Target Store because of the language and how they treated the Police Officer. I didnt know this when I purchased it. A friend sent his 5906 to Austin Behlert who removed the rear sight and wings, weld filled that area and machined for Bomars. I got to shoot that one some.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, they were criminals.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post