Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new 1911 Login/Join 
Picture of Raff661
posted
So i went to my local gun store and had a big sale going on, saw they had a Springfield 1911 Loaded for $709 plus the promo Springfield has going on with the 4 extra mags,mag pouch and holster, the 1911 is a gun I've been wanting for a while and was previously going to get one(the exact same one for $975) but ended up getting the legion, and it turned out to be a good move since i ended up getting it for a better price anyways, the only problem is i didn't want to go with Springfield because of what they did in Illinois and being from california it pissed me off because these states tend to mirror each other so i kinda feel guilty

Posts: 37 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The way I see it very few gun company's have never done something that hurts gun owners. It's just business.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what Springfield did was bogus. I'll send you the address to my FFL so you can send it my way. Big Grin

They're nice 1911's. I think they've tried to correct themselves on this. Not sure on what happened afterwards, though.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raff661
posted Hide Post
Well I'm from California so I got 10 days to get over it haha but yeah I saw the video were the owner apologized, and I've heard S&W and ruger did the same a while back and people got over it so I couldn't pass up on it
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Yeah, what Springfield did was bogus. I'll send you the address to my FFL so you can send it my way. Big Grin

They're nice 1911's. I think they've tried to correct themselves on this. Not sure on what happened afterwards, though.

Posts: 37 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG! You're so excited, honey, you're skipping periods! Big Grin

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Don't let the politics deter you from enjoying what I can assure you will be a very nice 1911. Springfield makes a fantastic weapon in that platform. You won't be disappointed.

Posts: 8543 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
For myself it'll never pass as long as Springfield is under its current owner, but I suspect that most folks will ultimately forgive their indiscretion into self-serving selfishness at the cost of its current and potential customers in their home state. Most casual gun buyers don't even know about what happened in Illinois.

However I think that their sales haven't been doing well even with the freebie gear promotion; we just got complete cardboard boxed gun kits for various XD/XDm models with all of the extra gear included with the gun up front; no need to register then wait for any of those free mag and accessory add-ons. Hoping for that Instant Gratification effect, so to speak.

Only real complaint I have about their lower level 1911s is with the triggers. The quality of late is all over the place. The triggers on the Loadeds and Range Officers that we have in inventory are relatively poor as 1911s go; even our recent Rugers (also a brand not known for consistently great or even good triggers) show better. Makes entry level Kimber triggers seem custom quality by comparison.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post