SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me P225
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me P225 Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Was sitting at the gunshow last month with my table partners.
I saw an older blue plastic Sig box wander in the front door, but couldn’t shake free to investigate.

Over the next couple hours it was sold/traded and traded again.
A guy brings it up to me right at the last hour of the show. I looked it over and he offered it to me for what he wanted originally for his traded gun, $425.

KA date, Herndon VA , W German all numbers match of course.
I’m assuming box is older than gun? P6 box?

How did this go all day and not go home with someone??? Philistines!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ElKabong,

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
How did this go all day and not go home with someone??? Philistines!

They didn't know the difference between a beat-up P6 and an absolutely lovely 225. You did. The small gods of shooting were making sure a deserving pistol found a loving home.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
You are a decade off. M571 dates to 1990 (KA).

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a JK dated gun earlier, typo lol

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!! Exactly what I will be looking for.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Pistol! You truly did steal that one! Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$425 is a steal. I had a well-used P6 that sold fast at a gunshow late last year for $500.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That is a beauty of a P225, and I believe you are correct about the box...it looks exactly like the one my P6 came in. Killer deal you got there!

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The P220-9-eu, and the P225 are my favorite p22x series guns.

I wish the new production guns were available without a rail.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
It sucks to not be you. Nice find.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Wow - well-done and congrats!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Why can't I ever stumble across deals like this!!!!

$425? YOU STOLE IT! Cool

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't beat a deal like that. Congrats!

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Nice score! $425 is a steal!!!!

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one of those, but yours is in better shape. I did then put Nill grips on mine and have Ernest Langdon do some trigger work on it bad in-the day. It is popular with my friends...

-shooter

Posts: 342 | Location: VA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful example of one of the finest pistols made. Congrats! I have a passel of handguns - and my 225 would be one of the last to go. It fits my hand perfectly and shoots as well as just about any gun I own. Enjoy.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a great price for one in that condition. Looks in excellent condition. Congrats.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Dayyum! Nice score.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Nice buy! My first SIG was a P225. Great gun. Will never sell it.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Sure cant best that price.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post