SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Please educated me on the P225-9-Polizei...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please educated me on the P225-9-Polizei... Login/Join 
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted
...apparently I was not paying attention back in 2010 when these came out, and have just recently seen my first one. Were they really a 'commemorative", about how many were made, and do they have a +/- value factor compared to a regular P225? (not an A1)? Thanks in a advance for any info you can provide!

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not really commemorative. Just a limited release batch that were the last of the P225 (the real classic P225). Identical to the classic P225 in every way, except the "German Police Pistol" rollmark on the slide's left side. The number imported were said to be in the 200 to 500 range. As to the marking, a lot of folks think it's a negative. But, of course, there are folks who put more value on it, and they usually are sellers hyping it up. Bottom line is, it's just a classic P225, which there are tons out there.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
The P225-9-Polizei was also a decent package in that it came with 3 factory magazines.

I was lucky enough to get in on the next to the last batch of P225 that were imported but they only came with one factory magazine.

While the P225-9-Polizei were off putting to myself and many others when they came out the fact that they came with 3 mags at or close to the price of the next to the last batch helped out and made up for the Polizei billboard.

I had owned several P-6 and P225 so when the next to the last batch came out I jump at the opportunity to get one knowing the end was near. New factory mags were still plentiful so I am well stocked and the P225 will always stay in my collection.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
The P225-9-Polizei was also a decent package in that it came with 3 factory magazines.

I noticed that and though it a significant plus factor. Also this one came with factory night sights (probably a little dim now) and thought that was also an advantage over the standard P225.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post