SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DAK a reliable ignition system ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAK a reliable ignition system ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a P-220 DAK, used it as my duty weapon for years (until we got the Glocks).
I've put about 2500-3000 rounds thru it, and don't recall ever having a problem due to light strikes on the primer. Only problems with it were FTF due to plastic magazine baseplates getting messed up.

I also kept it clean and well lubricated.

I've seen some S&W's have light strikes due to carbon/oil/lint/crud building up in the firing pin channel. Any chance of light strikes being attributed to that?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
We employ right around 2000 officers and have been issuing the 229 DAK for roughly 10 years. Never had issues with light strikes. Only issue we've had was self inflicted when we insisted Sig install a magazine safety.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post