SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Richard Burke and GGI question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Richard Burke and GGI question Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Has anyone experience with their work on the reset for an HK? In short, I was wondering if you feel the reset is shorter by one company or the other? Outside of that, any additional impressions would be helpful. I'm looking at sending an H&K P2000sk V3 to one or the other. Both are highly regarded so its not a quality question. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's Robert. Wink

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
I've had *ahem*...ROBERT...do some work for me, he lightened up the DA pull on an M11-A1, then removed a magazine disconnect safety on an SP2340 that the Gunbroker seller failed to mention existed on that particular pistol, and I'm about to send him a new .357 Sig bbl. to fit to that same pistol as it juuuust doesn't quite work all the time. I've always been pleased with his work.

I've never had Mr. Gray do any work, but I've spoken with him on Facebook, asked him some questions and he's very responsive, one of the damned nicest guys you'd wanna ask a gun question of.

If it were me, either would be fine. However, and I don't know this for sure, but I think Mr. Gray's turn around time might be a bit longer right now. I think I've heard that it runs a a month or two to get a pistol back? Not sure, don't want to say something not true so if someone else knows better, please correct me.

Robert usually has my pistol back in about 10 to 15 days, but then I'm in Texas and so is he, so that might be part of the quicker turnaround, not sure.

I'm betting you'd be happy with either one.

Posts: 800 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
I've had *ahem*...ROBERT...do some work for me,

I'm just south of Austin ... if I may ask, how do you ship to Robert?

Sorry for the small thread hijack.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
quote:
I've had *ahem*...ROBERT...do some work for me,

http://www.thesigarmorer.com

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:

Call him for his shipping address, he's very friendly.
Also, I use Line Star Overnight (LSO) as it is far, far cheaper than UPS or Fedex.

Posts: 800 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My boss has a few HKs that Bruce added LEM and pixie dust to. They are great. I prefer my DA/SA, but can appreciate the work done.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, I use Line Star Overnight (LSO) as it is far, far cheaper than UPS or Fedex.

Thanks ... that's what I was interested in.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post