SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just when I thought I was only Sig, a 1911 showed up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just when I thought I was only Sig, a 1911 showed up Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Wow, it's been too long since I had a 1911. For years I've talked about finding a cheap 1911 and modifying it. Then a fellow I know sold me a S&W 1911. Circa 2006, with a trip to the mother ship in 2012 for some work. Wow, I forgot how nice 1911 are! All stainless, with just enough features to make it work. Happy. Really happy. Cue the music.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I have two S&W 1911's. One of them is a full size stainless like yours. Its been a great shooter, and I don't think I've ever had a malfunction with it. The other is a scandium commander size. I had an issue with the safety, but after a quick trip back to S&W, all is well with it too!

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coma
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Sig Super Target a month ago and man do I love it.

death and taxes....need i say any more.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SIG Super Target SS .45
Bersa .380 model 83
M686 .357 S&W
P239 9MM
P229 .40S&W
p229 .40 legion
p229 9 legion
1911 9 mm
M400 tread coil 5.56.

Posts: 660 | Location: Barrington, NH, usa | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Sig 1911 Super Target, nitrate . .

I have multiple sigs, lots of P210's . . got curious about the
Super Target 1911 but heard negative things about it couple of years ago, figured I would hold off, let them get it rifgt.

So I purchased one . . . Cleaned It , haven't fired yet, getting the gun filed in my system, and see it was Manufactured 03 June 2015 !?!?!?

Hmmmm. . . ???? I didn't buy before because of inherent problems . . (know I read Here ??)) looking but . . . Just starting post what were the problems I should be aware of, be aware of . . Should I return pistol . . I thought I was buying todays production NEW Sig 1911 . . ??

I got one thaT WOULDN'T SELL IN 2015 . . .

Help haven't fired yet but don't want to to avoid return OR start with Sig Repair . . been through that . .

Any Advise, was the june 2015 PROBLIMATIC ? like I remember ??

Posts: 71 | Registered: April 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
I have two S&W 1911's. One of them is a full size stainless like yours. Its been a great shooter, and I don't think I've ever had a malfunction with it. The other is a scandium commander size. I had an issue with the safety, but after a quick trip back to S&W, all is well with it too!

What was the problem with the Commander Phred? I have the same gun. Just wondering.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I bought the gun used, and I think someone had done some amateur "gunsmithing" to it. The thumb safety would move properly, but it did not block the sear properly. I could pull the trigger and the hammer would fall, even with the thumb safety in the up position. S&W service was great. They quickly repaired the gun, and its run great ever since.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean. A 9mm Dan Wesson V-Bob found its way to my FFL. I suspect a DW ECO may soon follow. It's not my fault... they are following me home.

Mostly 9mm and .45 ACP:
P226 Enhanced Elite
P938 SAS
P320 Compact w/subcompact grip
P225-A1 two-tone
Bunch of Dan Wessons
Assorted Berettas, CZs, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post