SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Should I get a Legion, a Springfield 1911, or Sig Sauer 1911?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should I get a Legion, a Springfield 1911, or Sig Sauer 1911? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imfrogman:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
What about a Ruger 1911?

Already have an anchor, don't need another

An odd statement in this case. Especially with SIG's thing they call a 1911.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adirondack Mtn Guy, The One Stop Shop
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenDragoon:
quote:
Originally posted by AdkMtnGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by GreenDragoon:
quote:
Originally posted by AdkMtnGuy:
Hello all, I appreciate all of your responses.

-SNIP-

If they are proactive enough, they start looking like a mummy at the beginning of the day before all of the sharper edges start tearing them up "running the gun".

-SNIP-

Thank you all again.

something isn't adding up with your posts:
* Mummy hands?? Why do they have mummy hands?
* You're an instructor and you're considering two, disparate platforms? As an instructor, how many of your customers show up with 1911's?

Anyway...something is odd here. Just saying.

There's always one......

I'm thinking you either:
1. Haven't attended any training classes
2. Or no training classes that make you actually run a gun
3. Or you haven't attended any training classes with people running 1911's in general

Usually when someone shows up to say "something isn't adding up with your posts" they follow with some sort of cheap shot, some attack in some way, and/or some criticism. I don't know you and I'm sure you don't know me, but what followed is exactly what I called...

So I want you to be nice and clear what your intention here is.

If you are calling into question my Instructor Creds then, please, show up to my classes in Colorado, we'll be happy to have you and learning can be had (from your experience it looks like I might learn a thing or two, but hey, we'll also establish some rapport), let's go run some guns and share a beer after the range and the guns are put away, it'll be on me.

Out of the couple thousand students I've had thus far about 10% of them show up with 1911's and probably half or more end up with hands that look like they are converting over to a mummy (humorously) and this is completely normal given the edges of the 1911's which prompted me to ask the SigForum community for some input on the same.

Of all the 1911's I've handled, I don't rightly remember which one/s of those had the smoothest edges, but over those edges, I'm looking more at form and function mixed with compatibility with common parts and with all the input, as I suspected, the Springfield TRP Operator has come to the top in my mind.

As for the disparity in the guns, this *should* be obvious. The Legions and 1911's are entirely different, but what I failed to make clear is that I'm focusing on the .45cal. specifically between the Legion and the 1911's. I've found I like the triggers on both, but there's something really nagging me about picking up a 1911.

I'll likely get a TRP Operator in the Spring (March-ish) and report back with pictures, targets, my personal review (for whatever it might be worth), etc. as is customary around here.

The only thing I see "off" here is where you are coming from, sir, and I'd like to clarify anything that might be amiss before a misunderstanding is had and A-type personalities get interesting in interaction.

Thank you for your time.

I haven't attended a class since the 80's. Back then, I attended three different LFI, Chuck Taylor and Ayoob classes. It was long ago enough that it was only revolvers and 1911's. I carried a 1911 on my job. None of us (me or people at the class) had mummy hands.

I think you're missing my point though and you kind of answered why I thought it was odd:

Odd thing number 1 was why the thread was dead for a year. OK...you explained that. No worries. It was odd though indeed.

The other thing is that as I assumed, the vast minority of your "clients" come through with 1911's, as I expected, so I thought it was odd that you were considering one.

You shouldn't read more into than that.

Roger.

Yeah go to Front Sight. they run their guns and students there. We always have to have plenty of medical tape on-hand. In my own business-classes we have to have medical tape on-hand usually too. The first area to get taped usually is the web of the hand and where the thumb is making constant selection with the safety given the repeated drawing and holstering.

There are some great instructors out there and I'm honored to learn from other shooters and instructors where I can.

Thank you for your time again.

Range time? Beer after? Colorado is home to the largest per capita number of breweries in the nation. It would be a good time.

Take Care, God Bless, and be safe!
~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

http://www.MacGregorSpecialties.com
NRA Certified Instructor
Defensive Shooting Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!
And another one on top, Feb 14, 2012!

Challenge my Brute! http://mac.mybrute.com

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
Springfield Master Class, Silent Operator.

I like 1911's the best from your list.

Sweets. Nice setup!

~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

NRA Certified Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
The Springfield 1911 of the three.

This does keep popping up as a recommendation.

~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

NRA Certified Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ