SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I picked up a CZ Shadow 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I picked up a CZ Shadow 2 Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
Today at the gun shop I saw a Shadow 2 and I had to have it. I think it maybe one of my new favorites. I will not have a chance to shoot it until next weekend. I am going to start shooting some 3 Gun matches and I think this might be what I use.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, good move. I love my Shadow 2!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't believe you. We want pics. They are super nice pistols. Good luck with it.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a fine pistol .
Cajun Gun Works is your CZ’s friend .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will love the Shadow 2 - it's a friggin laserbeam.

Extremely smooth shooting too. A great range gun.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Once you shoot it, you will want another one for your other hand!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I coined the phrase, regarding the S2... "Poor mans X-5". I think it fits them very well.

And I mean the REAL X-5's not these faux 320 X5's".

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Yep. I have put my German X5 away for a bit, while I put rounds thru the S2. I like the parts availability, and Cajun upgrade parts make it a great gun with a fine trigger. I see more CZs in my future....

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
Yep. I have put my German X5 away for a bit, while I put rounds thru the S2. I like the parts availability, and Cajun upgrade parts make it a great gun with a fine trigger. I see more CZs in my future....

Always wanted a CZ 75 when they became available, never seemed to snag one. Too busy buying S&W revolvers, Colts and SIG's.

Last year finally got a 75B and immediately was very impressed with it. Sent it off to Cajun for sights and an action job. Talk about a TRANSFORMATION! Have an SP01 on their workbench as we speak.

DO pursue either CGW or CZ Custom for parts or work. Both do amazing work.

Agreed....the CZ's seem to multiply some how. Doubt this one will be your last! LOL.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:

What did you have done by Cajun on the S2?

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The DA is pretty sweet on the Shadow 2. I compare it to the Shadow Target II that is sitting next to it in our display case and frankly I like the feel of the less expensive Shadow 2 over the Target II. Plus $400+ in savings isn't something to blow off. And I prefer the current black grips over the sorta kinda 'Tiffany' blue thingys that shipped with the gun previously.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it. Bought one recently, but have yet to take it to the range.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I finally took it to the range today and man I love this thing. This target was at 10 yards and is 3 magazines. I think I might send it to Cajun Gun Works and have them tune up the trigger at some point. Sorry for some reason I can't get the pistol image to resize.

posted Hide Post
With groups like that I wouldn't mess with it. The trigger will get better with more rounds.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Fan-damn-tastic!

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
quote:

What did you have done by Cajun on the S2?

I bought all of the parts from Cajun and did the work myself. It took me around 3 hours to install the parts and polish the required internal parts.

I went with the Cajun 75810 Shadow kit, which has a race hammer, floating trigger pin, hammer springs and T3 disconnector, along with some other parts. I ended up getting a T1 disconnector which was a drop in on my gun. I may fit the T3 at some point, but I am very pleased with the setup as-is. I used the 13 lb. hammer spring since it seemed to make the trigger break a little more crisp. The 11.5 hammer spring made for a really nice DA, but I like the overall feel better with the 13 lb. SA pull averages 2.3 lbs. DA is around 6.5. I installed the barrel bushing a few weeks after doing the initial work. I didn't really notice any difference, but my factory bushing was fairly tight to start with.

I enjoy doing my own work, so that why I chose to do it myself. There is a lot of detailed info over at the Brian Enos forum and also the CZ forum. Sending it to Cajun is a great choice if you don't want to DIY. Lots of very satisfied customers out there....

The Shadow 2 is now my most used range gun. After installing the Cajun parts, the trigger is much better than a stock X5 Allround. Not quite as nice as the L1, but that is SAO, so not a fair comparison.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ewills,

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
That is a really nice gun! It's on my short list.

Congrats!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That is my #1 pistol to purchase this year. Until then I'm still using my poor man P09 for USPSA.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I just put a CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange on layaway the Shadow started a new addiction.

posted Hide Post
That is purty. I have to say CZ makes a sexy pistol.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post