SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Buck Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Buck Mark Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
When I went to the LGS to pickup my Custom Works P320 FCU recently, they took long enough to get paperwork and background check done that I had too much time to browse their nearly empty cases.

I cam across a couple of Browning Buck Mark pistols and surprisingly the prices hadn't jacked up. Guess not the same demand for lowly .22 target pistols as other handguns these days.

I have toyed with the idea of picking up a .22 target gun off and on for a couple of years. I have a few thousand rounds of .22LR and only a Ruger 10/22 and Bearcat single action revolver to shoot it with. Bearcat is a gun for the grandkids to shoot, and I don't get out where I can shoot rifles very often so the 10/22 hasn't seen much use.

While I liked the black one better aestetically (Buck Mark Lite UFX), I ended up going for the "Buck Mark Plus Blue Lite UFX" a little flashy with blue color and deep flutes on the barrel shroud, but the deciding factor was having a top rail instead of an under barrel picatinny that was on the black one.

The Blue is apparently a discontinued model and it was also about $30 cheaper so I got that going for me as well. Oh, and it almost matches the color of my truck Wink

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Mine is an unfluted UFX in black. Get yourself an Ultimate Cliploader and take it to the range.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Best 'out of the box' trigger , imho, on mid priced 22 auto pistols.
Nice pistol!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Nice pistol!

I couldn't believe the trigger, absolutely ZERO take up or creep on mine. When it is cocked it doesn't move til you teach the right pressure and then it goes.

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice! I'm not usually one for non-traditional colors on guns, but I love the contrast of that blue with the bare metal flutes and black grips. You've got yourself a looker, there! You're going to like that fiber-optic front sight, too. I recently installed one just like it on my Ruger because I was having trouble focusing on the plain black undercut factory sight. The glowing green dot made a world of difference.

A friend just told me at church today that he recently picked up a Buckmark (his first handgun) and wants to go shoot it. Sounds like a range day with his Buckmark and my MkII is on the agenda in the near future.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Nice pistol!
I agree. I much prefer the Buckmark to the much more popular Ruger models. I haven’t tried the new 22/45 Lite though. Simple takedown of the Lite makes it much more compelling since they need to be cleaned so often.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3918 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning Always gives a good bang for the buck .
Now good luck finding 22 ammo .

Posts: 26 | Location: Rockland county NY  | Registered: December 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garander:
Browning Always gives a good bang for the buck .
Now good luck finding 22 ammo .

Ammo isn't a problem, already have a few thousand rounds of it.

Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Great looking piece!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I like most of my guns in black, but that's pretty handsome.

Very hard to go wrong with a buckmark

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Since you're new to Buckamrks, here's a video on the "Heggis Flip". I did it to mine and it took the trigger pull down to probably the 2# range.

You flip the sear spring over and it's an instant trigger job. If you ever take it shooting and it doubles, you just flip it back over to original config and you're back in business.

I've had my Buckmark for 7-ish years with thousands of rounds down it with no double-fires after performing the mod.

I absolutely LOVE my Buckmark. It's the most fun gun I have in my inventory. I've added some 2-tone accents to mine and still need to find time to replace the stock handgrips. Other than that, this gun is crazy fun. It's fairly accurate with the suppressor, but if I wanted super accuracy, I'd go with a longer barrel.

Tony.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That thing is beautiful. I have a plane black vesrion.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. I generally don't like non traditional fire arm colors, but yours looks great. I've had a S/S standard with URX grips for about 10 years and it's a great gun. Mine too came with a great trigger, stock.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice snag!

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Did they have anymore in Blue???

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
They still had one more blue and the black in the case when I picked it up Saturday afternoon.

Skagit Arms in Burlington

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
They still had one more blue and the black in the case when I picked it up Saturday afternoon.

Skagit Arms in Burlington

Thanks. May have to give them a buzz.
That Blue is pretty slick. Need another .22 pistol already have a Buckmark and plenty of mags. Though I have the wood target grips on mine and it would not look good with the blue.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post