SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Early P220...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early P220... Login/Join 
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Thank you kind Sir!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the other end of the date spectrum of P220s, I am awaiting arrival of a
recently purchased p220 triple german serial numbered .
One of the LAST P220's made in Germany.

Made in Germany, imported by pw arms Redmond wa
G526xxx , 2014 , german manual , in box, one of the rare release, 2012 BC german proof

From what I have found "in 2014, SIG’s German manufacturing facility surprised many by releasing a small batch of true “Made in Germany” SIG P220 pistols, with the classic folded carbon slide and pinned breech block — but with modern German proof marks on the slide and barrel.
Nobody knows whether these parts had been in storage in Germany for more than a decade and finally assembled and proofed, or whether the German gunmakers fired up the old equipment in 2012 for a last hurrah before all manufacturing moved to the US once and for all. Either way, a few lucky buyers got their hands on a modern example of a classic German SIG that was manufactured, assembled, and proofed in Germany… and fully deserving of its “Made in Germany” stamping."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarioG,

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one like the OP's (same year of mfg too) except it was a Swiss Police trade-in. Nice soft shooting 9mm. Good find, especially the fact that the box survived and you have both.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post