SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Want Advice on Hogue Rubber Panel Grips for P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want Advice on Hogue Rubber Panel Grips for P229 Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted
Kinda stupid question but before I go buy these I was looking for some advice on how you like them. I have the rubber finger grip wrap around grips and like then pretty well but was thinking maybe the rubber panel grips might be better without the finger grips. Hate to waste the thirty bucks since I am retired and like to watch my pennies.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I use them on my P228; provides a nice grippy surface that doesn't slip around much in the hand. All done without having to fork over big money for a set of textured G10s. They're not very pretty but I'm a Glock guy so purdy aesthetics I'm not supposed to know much about anyways. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey John, I believe I have a set that's either unused, or like new. Lemme check when I get home and you can have them (as in karma have them) if they're still there.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Hey John, I believe I have a set that's either unused, or like new. Lemme check when I get home and you can have them (as in karma have them) if they're still there.

Thanks. My email address is in my profile. I'll mail you some money to cover the shipping if you still have the grips.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i personally like 'em.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raptor23
posted Hide Post
If Dehughes doesn't have any, let me know. I used to use them on my P229, but have since switched to G10's. I know I have at least one lightly used, and I'm pretty sure one new in the box too.Same deal- not using them, so you're welcome to them.

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raptor23:
If Dehughes doesn't have any, let me know. I used to use them on my P229, but have since switched to G10's. I know I have at least one lightly used, and I'm pretty sure one new in the box too.Same deal- not using them, so you're welcome to them.

Thank you. You guys are great, both you and Dehughes.

John

posted Hide Post
Found them. Hardly used. Even kept the original packaging. Smile Product number 28010, for P228 and P229, 9mm and .40

No shipping needed. Just e-mail me your address and I'll get it out to you sometime this week.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Going on experience with a 228, my impression is the finger grips definitely work the best. So why did I remove them and replace with plain rubber grips? I'm ashamed to say, because they're fugly. There, I said it. No defense offered.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love'm or hate'm. Love'm: Very nice on the range. Hate'm: Don't like them for CC, especially IWB...hinder a clean draw.

Finger grooves always depend on your fingers. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which of the Hogue rubber grips that you will prefer depends partly on the size and shape of your hand. I found that the finger groove version felt too bulky for my small to medium sized hands. The rubber panels feel great and give me just the right purchase on the pistol.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Found them. Hardly used. Even kept the original packaging. Smile Product number 28010, for P228 and P229, 9mm and .40

No shipping needed. Just e-mail me your address and I'll get it out to you sometime this week.

Thank you. Email sent. You are another proof of the great people in the gun community.

John

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Going on experience with a 228, my impression is the finger grips definitely work the best. So why did I remove them and replace with plain rubber grips? I'm ashamed to say, because they're fugly. There, I said it. No defense offered.

I agree. The finger grips work great on my EDC P239 .40 to keep my grip secure, but I have the plain ones on my P229 .357sig. TheY work fine in that size.

Posts: 7351 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love them on my P228s (on one P220 carry) and on my P229s; unfortunately, I wish they made them for the p245\p220compact; on my P239s I use the finger grove robber grips, Hogue grips.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raptor23:

Raptor, could you please send me an email to my address in my profile. I have an item that you might want. Free, of course, since you were kind enough to offer the Hogue grips to me.

John

posted Hide Post
I have medium hands so the ones with the finger grooves are too big but the panel ones on my M11-A1 work great. Good surface and reduces perceived recoil. I have the wrap a around with finger grooves on my 226.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Finger grooves makes it feel fat...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Want Advice on Hogue Rubber Panel Grips for P229

I used them on my 229SAS that I sold, worked great for me.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the finger grove Hogues as well....might still have a set somewhere. They did indeed make the gun feel "fat", but boy was it super soft shooting as the rubber really mitigates the recoil impulse.

I have G10s on my 9mm P229 at present and they are very comfortable as well...a little more sense of control, but a little less recoil absorption is the trade-off. Running the G10s initially caused the trigger to pinch my pinky finger upon the break, but after shooting my HKs for some reason going back to the 229 that pinch disappeared. No pinch with the finger groove Hogues, as they make the grip so fat it changes where my trigger finger sits on the trigger.