SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will the ban on SIG exports from Germany ever expire?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will the ban on SIG exports from Germany ever expire? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I don’t actually need another pistol, but I’d like to see spare parts for my SIG P226 X5 easily available.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Why concerned yourself with it? Plenty of private importers doing the job that SIG US can't right now.
MMBI and Roco would be your sources for guns and parts.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Thanks for that info.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sent you an email.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig manufactures almost everything now in the US. In reality they are a US company owned by two Germans.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, they do not make parts for the German X Fives in the US. Many of those parts need to be imported from Germany. As Q mentioned, there are a couple of companies bringing in parts.

A few years ago, we had to order parts directly from Germany.

P320 X Fives, yea that stuff is made here.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Why concerned yourself with it? Plenty of private importers doing the job that SIG US can't right now.

I thought that Germany banned exports from the German SIG entity - ie it’s not that the US entity is legally prevented from importing. Practically, of course, Sig US may be effectively restricted by the common control & wishes of the sisters’ daddy.

Regardless, it’s pretty sad that the two entities couldn’t anticipate that Germany would see thru the little scheme.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I thought that Germany banned exports from the German SIG entity - ie it’s not that the US entity is legally prevented from importing. Practically, of course, Sig US may be effectively restricted by the common control & wishes of the sisters’ daddy.

Regardless, it’s pretty sad that the two entities couldn’t anticipate that Germany would see thru the little scheme.

Yes. Since SIG DE is banned from exporting to the US, that amounts to SIG US unable to import stuff from its sister company.

Q