SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got Me A Rooty Tooty Point and Shooty
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got Me A Rooty Tooty Point and Shooty Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted
Didn't have a .22 revolver, but I wanted one, but I'm also kinda poor, and really cheap, so generally it was a lot of looking and lusting. But last December, at the gunshow, fathero and I were wandering about and I saw one of these Heritage Rough Riders. I've actually seen them before, but for the purposes of our narrative lets say that I saw them in December too. Anyway, I point it out to my dad, and he wants to know why I'd want something like that. "Well," says I, "I don't have a .22 revolver, and I'd like one." Good enough reason, I reckon.

But I did not buy it that day, I had the money, but it was right next to Christmas, I'd already spent enough, it'll wait.

Fast forward to Christmas morning, I go over to the parent's house, my dad asks if that revolver is something I'd really like, I answer in the affirmative. "Okay."

Fast forward again to last weekend, and we head down to the gunshow. Except the gunshow isn't there. I misread the schedule, last weekend's show was in Monroe. Fuck Monroe. So we come back home.

Fast forward once more to this weekend, this is the Puyallup show. It's in the Pavilion. Fuck the Pavilion. But that's beside the point, the point is, the weekend before, my dad called in the order for the gun from some folks we used to race with, they sell guns now. RPM Enterprises, at least that's what the invoice says, if you've been down to the WAC show, you'd probably seen them with the Rugers. All the Rugers. Go in there, do all the paperwork, miss the question about being a non-Hispanic cracker, or whatever the form says now, fix that, run the paperwork, go wander around while that's taking place, bought my jerky, couple ammo cans, and of course some pewpews for the wheelgat, go back up, everything is complete, money is exchanged, pistolas are transferred, hands are shook, and we go home, where I spend the rest of the night cocking the hammer and giggling like a child.

With the rest of the sixguns (and a commie sevengun, that one's a rooty tooty Putin shooty).

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have the same one and I love it! I got it for $99 one year at Academy Sports

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I have a 4" that I bought in a pawn shop.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good for rattlers and other varmints.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
They are fun little guns.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nice.
Shooting a gun like that cowboy style (one-handed, of course) is a great way to improve trigger control, especially if the trigger is a little rough and creepy.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
check the takedown screw(s)
the push button part to pull the cylinder pin,
they are often loose when new from the factory,

the shop I work at sells them like hotcakes when they are on sale, and we make to sure to tighten them when we sell,
usually about a 1/2 turn,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
They seem to require a bit more attention to cleaning and lubrication then other .22s but are otherwise accurate and reliable.

Surprisingly good revolvers for their price point.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Great story and congratulations!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Great little revolver.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post