SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Norinco Makarov model 59 .380Auto
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norinco Makarov model 59 .380Auto Login/Join 
Picture of qasoswat
posted
Anyone familiar with the Norinco model 59 chambered in .380 auto. Trying to find the value, the blue book and other publications list them in the $100-180 range but I see that specific model selling for $700 on Gunbroker. I'm aware things are worth what people are willing to pay but I was wondering if this is a fluke or a standard price this firearm is bringing. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: qasoswat,

Firearms Dealer.
(302)337-9877

Posts: 876 | Location: DE  | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Norinco Makarovs are much more rare in the United States than other Makarov models, as they were caught up in the Chinese military arms import ban. I was unaware that they imported it in .380, but I do know that conversion barrels were available.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qasoswat:
Anyone familiar with the Norinco model 59 chambered in .380 auto. Trying to find the value, the blue book and other publications list them in the $100-180 range but I see that specific model selling for $700 on Gunbroker. I'm aware things are worth what people are willing to pay but I was wondering if this is a fluke or a standard price this firearm is bringing. Thanks.

gunbroker completed auctions run from 525 up to 1K,
some were NIB
some not, but in good shape

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
All Makarovs have gone up in prices in some ways.

As some one else mentioned, the Chinese version was the least imported, and to collectors probably more desirable .

The first Makarov I ever examined in person was the Model 59. My first impression back then in the late 80's was it was one ugly pistol,

Many years later, I appreciate the Makarov very much.

Media Advertised Makarov prices do run higher, catching a private sale or one in a gunshop tend to run cheaper.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post