SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Striker Fire...my first love...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Striker Fire...my first love... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
OK...so 26+ years ago I started the police academy with one of the first groups of my department to be issued the new-fangled Glock 17 (Gen 2)...

Since then, I've carried all kinds of pistols, 1911's, P226's, P2000's, but I always come back to Glocks. I just took out a new P-01 and while it's an outstanding firearm, it's still not the one I do best with.

I pulled out my Glock 19 (after the CZ)and again it was like butter... My P320's are also growing on me as well.

While the striker-fired gun is pretty new in the overall scheme of things, it's now entering it's 30's. I am part of that first generation where it was what we grew up shooting, and it is still the sweet spot for me.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, not so new. It was used in the early, early 1900's for a while.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The principle has been around but its current popularity is solely due to that wacky curtain rod maker Gaston. Imagine...winning a military contract with his company's first pistol design, on the first time out. The absolute nerve of this guy...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, not so new. It was used in the early, early 1900's for a while.

True. The famed P08 Luger is striker fired.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post