SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got out to shoot ... P10C, G17 gen4 MOS with Trijicon, P30S
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got out to shoot ... P10C, G17 gen4 MOS with Trijicon, P30S Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
Shot a couple of my BIL’s pistols:

- The P10C is one heck of a pistol. Found the grip texture to be a little too aggressive for my tastes, but the ergos and trigger are great.

- MOS —- The Trijicon dot showed the slight tremor in my left hand. Not my cup of tea.

- Shot my spare HK P30S with the threaded barrel. I’m getting better with that first DA shot, and the SA is pretty nice. Ringing silhouettes at 25 and 35 yards despite my “hand”-icap.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Found the grip texture to be a little too aggressive

that was my only gripe with the P10c as well - sounds like you had a great time at the range!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:

- MOS —- The Trijicon dot showed the slight tremor in my left hand. Not my cup of tea.
I don't think anyone who shoots a RDS on a handgun thinks it's "great" from the start - unlike RDS on a rifle, it takes more technique and isn't intuitively 'easier' from the beginning - and even though a dot is 'moving' doesn't mean you aren't getting good hits.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got to handle a P10-C at a LGS this past weekend. Definitely on my watch list now. Thanks for the report.

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

I don't think anyone who shoots a RDS on a handgun thinks it's "great" from the start - unlike RDS on a rifle, it takes more technique and isn't intuitively 'easier' from the beginning - and even though a dot is 'moving' doesn't mean you aren't getting good hits.

Agree. Even my BIL who is a top shooter (NRA Police shoots, Governor’s cup, etc.) said it’s very different and takes some getting used to.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Agree. Even my BIL who is a top shooter (NRA Police shoots, Governor’s cup, etc.) said it’s very different and takes some getting used to.

I loved it front the start. I shot a friend's, loved it, went out and got my own a few weeks later. It's the best shooting experience I've ever had and it makes me a better shooter even when I'm using irons.

But I've also been shooting rifle and .22 pistol red dots for 20 years and I grew up playing video games that aren't too far off from shooting with an RDS. Pistol red dots were just a natural extension for me.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post