SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tool Steel Striker For P365 Coming Soon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tool Steel Striker For P365 Coming Soon Login/Join 
Picture of cremaley
posted
Lightening Strikes in Lawrenceville, Georgia has decided to make a tool steel striker for the Sig P365. Their website is LSPI.com and they currently make tool steel and titanium striker for most Glock models. Should be available in 4-6 weeks.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, the market is certainly ripe for it, isn't it?

Those guys are right up the street from me, less than five minutes drive time. cremaley, I guess you frequent Bullseye, too?

Posts: 107484 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
Yes I am there several times a week.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lightening Strikes in Lawrenceville, Georgia

My only concern would be a tool steel striker and a MIM sear/striker release. Would one chew up the other. Just curious.

Member Grand Collectors Ass.
Member Nat. Society Sons of the American Revolution
NRA

Posts: 91 | Registered: April 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked this on another thread and never got a response, but wouldn't a machined steel firing pin be heavier than a MIM part?

And if so, couldn't there be safety issues from this if you dropped in an after-market part? Wasn't firing pin inertia when dropped at certain angles part of the "safety problem" on the P320 and wasn't that why SIG skeletonized the firing pin as part of their re-working of that model?

Posts: 8 | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, this is a brute-force method to fix the issue which may cause a separate set of issues.

It appears that the consensus is that the striker failure problem is caused by mistiming of the striker retraction to the case ejection. The lateral load - evidenced by a primer swipe- causes the eventual striker failure on a small percentage of these pistols.

If that's an accurate assessment, then SIG must fix the timing problem to truly solve the issue.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Archer1440:
In my opinion, this is a brute-force method to fix the issue which may cause a separate set of issues.

It appears that the consensus is that the striker failure problem is caused by mistiming of the striker retraction to the case ejection. The lateral load - evidenced by a primer swipe- causes the eventual striker failure on a small percentage of these pistols.

If that's an accurate assessment, then SIG must fix the timing problem to truly solve the issue.

Consensus? Not sure about that.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post