SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Request for info re: P220 Compact SAS Gen 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Request for info re: P220 Compact SAS Gen 2 Login/Join 
posted
Are the Hogue G-10 grips thinner than the stock grips ?

Posts: 12 | Registered: October 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have them on a P239 and they do not feel thinner than the original grips. If you were referring to the rubber grips, they actually feel a little thicker to me.

Posts: 6 | Registered: April 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shark 1007, Thanks for your response. I thought the Hogue G-10's might be slightly thinner.

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are, they completely change the feel of the gun. GET THEM. I had a P-220 compact, didn't end up liking it until I got G-10s, I sold the gun and gave the grips to someone looking for them here in the classifieds.
I have a P-245 that I got in November that I still need to get some for.
I'm not a grip snob and carry a P-220 DAK with the regular grips, but the Compact P220/245 grips are strangely fat and awkward.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have G10's on most of my other guns and like them, before I bought them I wanted to be sure they were thinner. I had a 245 that i liked and the wood grips I had for it seemed thinner than the stock. Thanks for the info..... Jim

Picture of M-Forgery
posted Hide Post
I have the Hogue G10 grips on a P226 and a P220 Compact SAS v2. Get a set for your compact, you will be glad you did. My P220 Compact SAO has the aluminum grips from the factory. These are really thin.

"The Hun is either at your throat or at your feet".
Winston Churchill

Posts: 377 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post