SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I wasn't really a 1911 fan... until now!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wasn't really a 1911 fan... until now! Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats! Very nice indeed. At what weight does the trigger break?

I don't have a gauge, but DW advertises "Crisp 4 lb. trigger out of the box." From reviews I've read where they measured the trigger, they ran from 3.5 to 4 lbs.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I was a fan of the 1911.

Then I discovered the P-220/.45.

Then I discovered the P-220/.38 Super.

Then I discovered the 1911/.38 Super.

Yes, I have gone full-circle.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Tremendous price.

Congratulations.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Great price for a gun that looks that immaculate. We generally sell those new for $1800+.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not a 1911 fan, but I always love how great they look. I always drool, whenever folks put up their 1911 pics. Congrats, Tooky13. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty, and this admitted 1911 fan does not find your choice strange. I've had Baers, Wilsons, Rock Rivers, a Heinie,and a couple Dan Wessons. Were I in the market, and DW had a pistol with the features I was looking for, I'd likely go with DW. No offense to fans of the more expensive semi-customs, but my DWs were as smooth and refined as the semi-customs I've owned. The DW slide/frame fit feels a lot like the SIG P210s. As might be expected, the Heinie was a cut above the others mentioned.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bacon
posted Hide Post
Great catch on the Valor, you got a good deal. I have a Guardian with the duty finish and I'm looking to pick up a Valor in the future.

You have to be careful not to discolor the duty finish when cleaning your Valor. In the DW web site there's a FAQ section that addresses this. It's the third question down. Here's the link:

http://danwessonfirearms.com/support/faq/

Posts: 118 | Location: Upstate, South Carolina | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Congrats. DW makes a super nice 1911. I've stopped looking for 1911s after buying a V Bob.
Enjoy!

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice gun, but that looks like a government. 9mm 1911's are a lot of fun to shoot and a lot cheaper on the wallet than .45

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacon:
You have to be careful not to discolor the duty finish when cleaning your Valor. In the DW web site there's a FAQ section that addresses this. It's the third question down. Here's the link:

http://danwessonfirearms.com/support/faq/

Thanks for the tip ‘Bacon’, that’s good information. I don’t really use any harsh cleaners and have pretty much always used the TW25b grease since SIG provided it with all their pistols. Recently, I have started using some of the Lucas grease and oil that Bruce and SIG now highly recommend and found it to work well also.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of seabass
posted Hide Post
OP,

Nice DW. They are great higher end production guns. You get a lot for the money. Hell my first 1911 style gun was a DW CCO.

I eventually sold it and got a Springfield Pro.

Posts: 1139 | Location: CA | Registered: July 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol.

I love SGC, been a member since day one.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking 1911!

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post