SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Went to the LGS...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to the LGS... Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted
looking for a new carry gun.

Ended up coming home with a Bodyguard 380 with the Crimson Trace frame (only because none of their 380s had night sights), and SWMBO picked up a P238 with night sights.

I really liked the P238, but for the way I intend to carry, it had too many sharp edges to get hung up on stuff (I want to be able to just throw it in a pocket).

We're both pretty happy so far. No range report, as the local range has an event today so the range is closed. If the weather is nice, hopefully we'll get out tomorrow!

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Get a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for the 238. Works perfectly and never comes out with the gun.

I love my 238 but have been a little concerned about the mouse caliber, so I picked up a 938 Scorpion. I'm in awe of this gun.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Get a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for the 238. Works perfectly and never comes out with the gun.

I love my 238 but have been a little concerned about the mouse caliber, so I picked up a 938 Scorpion. I'm in awe of this gun.

Jim

The sights on it were sharp, the beavertail, the rubber grips, there were many different things that weren't ideal for just "tossing it in a pocket". Much to my chagrin, I might add. I definitely like it better than the bodyguard.

I have plenty of other guns to carry in much more capable calibers, but the best gun is the one you carry. I find myself leaving those bigger calibers on the nightstand too frequently, so..

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post