SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P226 Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P226 Legion Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
After examining all manner of used SIG 9mm's at an LGS yesterday, I walked out with a brand new P226 Legion. Being quite familiar with older classic P-Series SIG's, other than getting some damn grease is there anything else I need to know about the Legion? Thanks!

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The Legion is really great out of the box. (Sorta designed to be that way). The 226 is really the only pistol that stands out to me in the SIG line up (the 2022 is rapidly growing on me), and the Legion has a lot of nice features. The 226 Legion is done right. There have been some minor complaints about the finish, but aside from that it is a pretty strong contender. I've said from my perspective that the gun in my hands stops on a target and its an Alpha.

I think you'll be pleased with it. I know I am.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats! I have the 229 Legion, my favorite Sig handgun I own.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great choice! Only way to make it a better one is if it was SAO Wink. A Wolff 17lb mainspring makes a very good trigger that much better.

Enjoy the new SIG!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice of pistol.

You will need to adjust the trigger over travel. I don't think I've seen one yet that has been adjusted properly as it came from the factory.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Nice Purchase!!! Grab some extended Mec-Gars for the range and you are good to go.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't drop test it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations on a great pistol. Mine has become my EDC and IDPA pistol. I have approximately 8,000 rounds through mine without any issues.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine's great! Carry it in a Sparks Nelson frequently.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raff661
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have the 226 legion as well but in SAO, absolutely love it, I'm sure you will too.

Posts: 37 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bit into the Legion coolaid. A 229 practically begged me to take it home. I turned my back, walked away, didn't even look over my shoulder.

Then came back and grabbed it the next day.

Stupid me. I told myself I'd like one, but too much money for a Sig. Only I came across an exceptional deal in a Legion 229 in .357 Sig with no discernable wear. I figured that would ensure I wouldn't get tempted. Damned if one wasn't sitting right there on the shelf.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
That is a sweet, sweet gun.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post