SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Handguns you've wanted for absolutely no practical reason
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handguns you've wanted for absolutely no practical reason Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Some years ago, I bought a Taylor's and Company Smoke Wagon. Absolutely no use for it ... but it is pretty cool.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Probably just about every one I've purchased. But at the top of the "for absolutely no practical reason" list for me is the Freedom Arms .454 Casull. I don't hunt, shoot silhouettes, need protection from large beasts,etc. I only ordered mine years ago because these were the most finely fitted handguns I'd ever handled. In 20 years, I have probably put a whole 200 rounds or so through the revolver. 90+ % reduced .454 loads, or using the .45 ACP cylinder I ordered with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rock185,

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually bought a LifeCard.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
S&W Performance Center 629 - has a 2.265in barrel. It is my favorite revolver!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
For me it's always been a pimped out Mexican 1911 in 38 Super. Don't know why but I've aways wanted one. It totally goes agents my philosophy of form following function but maybe that's why I want an absolutely tacky bright shiny pimped out 1911, snakes and eagles on grips make it even more appealing.

I have been looking for a candidate to do a similar treatment to for a while. Kinda want the ultimate gangster 1911. Something that would look at home behind the jacket of a pin stripe suit. Hard chrome or nickel, high polish with ivory grips and standard GI grip safety. I will allow an upgrade for sights and strong side only extended thumb safety for shoot ability. 38 super would be nice cause I ain't got one, but I'd probably go 45 for the theme.
Long slide 1911 because I don't have one.
Next would be a 6" P210 just cause I like how they look.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92x.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
For me it’s definitely a 6 inch Colt Python. I have shot a few and honestly they really don’t do much for me. The much talked about action is on par at best with some of my older, tuned Smith and Wesson’s. I can’t get the damn thing out of my head though.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
Yeah, C96. The Red 9.

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted a Cobray street sweeper, ever since I saw one in Miami Vice as a kid. Thankfully I have never acted on that!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

has anyone ever modified one of these so that it fires all four at once? seems like that would be a lot of stupid fun at the range every once in a while Big Grin

I had that happen not on purpose, once.

You want nothing to do with it.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nambu Type 14.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
FN 5.7

I've had two and they always just sat in the safe.

I'm due for another...

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 220 2-tone 10mm. Sig p239 .40 in rainbow finish. Remington 870 Police Model Marine Magnum. Sabre AR-15 Massad Ayoob edition. Zero reason for me to own any of these (I own them all) except "I wanted one"--although in a few cases more than one.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Colt/Browning Baby vest pistol .25ACP
Think it would be neat just to mess around with.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Did they make Pythons in 3"?

Oh yeah a factory 3 inch is truly made of unobtainium. I’ve seen 1 offered (with documentation) in the last few years. The ask then was $8,000. If you find a legit one, at any price resembling rational, buy it.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G-18.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Not a handgun, but for me, the one rifle I've always wanted but have absolutely no use for is a Springfield M1A Scout. With a walnut stock, please.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92. Always loved the looks of it, but every time I got to shoot one it was just too big for my hands. Then a few months ago I came across an M9A1 for a decent price and (thanks to a tip from a SF member) put a set of Wilson ultra-thin grips on it. That made all the difference and it's becoming one of my favorite range guns. Now I'm thinking about installing a TJIAB.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
H&K Mark 23 SOCOM. The full kit. LAM, silencer, everything. I just want one, and have for the past 20 years.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Original Desert Eagle Mark I, Israeli made, .357 mag. Eighties goofy fantasy gun. And I recently traded into a like new one. Just because I could.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post