SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Handguns you've wanted for absolutely no practical reason
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handguns you've wanted for absolutely no practical reason Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
For me it's always been a pimped out Mexican 1911 in 38 Super. Don't know why but I've aways wanted one. It totally goes agents my philosophy of form following function but maybe that's why I want an absolutely tacky bright shiny pimped out 1911, snakes and eagles on grips make it even more appealing.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, a Freedom Arms Model 97, 4 1/4" bbl, unfluted cylinder, octagon barrel, premier grade, adjustable sights, in .41 magnum. I've wanted one for a long time, keep telling myself I'll order one, maybe next year

I lived in Wyoming for a time, and the nearest town of any size had a firearm shop, and in that shop in the counter was a Freedom Arms revolver that never seemed to sell, and that I would hold and cycle the action, whenever I got to town. Swiss watch leapt to mind. I'd be happy sitting on the bed at night, watching TV, slowly clicking back the hammer and feeling the action, then letting it back down and doing it again and again. Precision and workmanship is a pleasure, and that Freedom Arms was all pleasure. It had to be, because there's no way I could justify it for any other reason. Or that I'd survive, if my wife found out...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I think the AMT Hardballer Longslide would be cool to have, because Arnold Schwarzenegger has one with a laser sight in the first Terminator

or maybe the huge Magnum Research BFR, for the cool factor of having a giant wheel gun

Posts: 300 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Sig P210. I have competition guns, carry guns, plinkers, even BBQ guns. It would literally be a range toy.

But I want one.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M1 Garand. No practical reason. Cant really afford to feed it. But my old man carried one, so maybe I should too.
Crap! I misread the title.
Start over: DWM Luger. Not really practical but historic and a beautifully made and designed pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
M1 Garand. No practical reason. Cant really afford to feed it. But my old man carried one, so maybe I should too.

They make a pistol version of the M1? Smile

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Hudson H9....
Heavy, inaccurate, but a dream to shoot still. Like plinking with a .22.

Couldn't find a holster for it, for love nor money.
Owned one for about 3 weeks, and got rid of it.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just sold it off. S&W 460 Great hand cannon and not as much recoil as you would think because of the weight. Did not shoot it much so I felt it should go to someone who would exercise it more.

Posts: 156 | Registered: January 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther PPK for me. I know that they're heavy for size, and supposedly uncomfortable to shoot many rounds from in a session. However, the James Bond fan in me just wants one.

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine...I would have zero practical use for it.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK Mark 23. Always wanted one but have no real use for it other than a range pistol. Couldn't carry it comfortably and I'm not even sure I could get a good grip on it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Han shot first,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Smile

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
Sometimes I think the AMT Hardballer Longslide would be cool to have, because Arnold Schwarzenegger has one with a laser sight in the first Terminator

or maybe the huge Magnum Research BFR, for the cool factor of having a giant wheel gun

ditto,

but ended up with a Clark 1911 Long Heavy in 45acp,

very nice shooter,

I get on a kick to get another AMT Lightning pistol,

I have an 8" my father gave me when I turned 21, but have a hankering for a 6" ,
or a Ruger MkII Gov't Target,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
It's a tie between the Desert Eagle .50AE and the S&W 500. I wanted them, and finally ended up buying both of them. They've each had two short range trips and otherwise sit in the safe. I can't for the life of me think of any practical reason that I still own them.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
SIG P229 Blue Piranha purely for its gawdy blue PVD coating...and I did pick one up! XD

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gold desert eagle .50 ... maybe a chrome one too, because I have 2 hands

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to want a Desert Eagle but after buying a S&W 500 a couple years ago and seeing it as the money pit it is I decided I didn’t need any more useless pistols.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I could list a ton of handguns, but top 3 would probably be a HK45 Compact, P38, and a S&W Model 29.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I can honestly say "none," because I regard the sheer joy of possession of something that pleases me a perfectly practical reason Smile

E.g.: The P210 Target I just bought. Already had a 9mm range/race gun in my G34. I shoot it well, too. And, with my eyes, I'll never be an accomplished target-shooter ever again. But the instant I laid eyes on a P210A I was in lust. Once I fondled one I was lost. It is surely a terrific piece of workmanship, and simply holding it is a joy.

That being said: I keep no safe queens. If I don't shoot it, or plan to, it's gone.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post