SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Handguns you've wanted for absolutely no practical reason
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handguns you've wanted for absolutely no practical reason Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not coming up with much that I haven't done, I guess because I want one is practical enough.

I'd like a SAA or clone just for twirling. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nighthawk 2011 9mm for $4,100!!! I love that thing, but it's completely out of the question.

Wilson EDC X9. I don't even want to mess with a SAO. I'm old, and just want to stick with what I know (striker, DA/SA), but this pistol calls to me.

BHP 9mm...so much history, but I don't need one. Overpriced now and out of production.

Norinco 1911 .45. I like everything about it, but have no need at all!

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
For some inexplicable reason, I really want a Beretta 3032 Tomcat Inox. I just think it looks cool. I think the tip-up barrel is cool. The lines of the little bitty gun are beautiful. I don’t need it at all, I just want it. Hmmm...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Mateba Model 6 Unica

Because Togusa

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Glock 21 RTF. I wanted it just because.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I really want a 3” Colt Python, blued. Have no reason to want something so expensive.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
P7M13, Nickel of course. Hans Gruber Style.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Forever I have wanted but lived without a S&W Model 29 with 10 5/8" barrel for long range shooting. I still have dreams about a Model 25 with 8 3/8" barrel as I've not fired a single round of 45 Colt in my lifetime. As for self loaders, a Hammerli 208 and the elusive Sig P240 in .32 S&W Long. Cant think of why I love those models so, I just know I would be pleased to have them.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you familiar with the STI 2011 line? Wink Yeah, something out of that is what I want, but have no need.

Second place, the high end Dan Wesson line.

I want a S&W .460, but that has some uses in my world.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I wanted and did purchase a Ruger Alaskan in 454 Casull. I have no practical application for it other than the big boom and flash at the range.

Great conversation piece.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Funny, I want the Ruger Alaskan in .480 Ruger. Got no need. Hell, I've got a 4 inch 629 I dont need. But I want one.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Han shot first,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Smile

Please add me to this list Wink

Me too. SigForum Group Buy ? Big Grin

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys should give in to the C96s milk chocolatey goodness. It's actually a really cool gun and you can shoot it with the shoulder stock. I'd not trade mine except for a red 9.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I go Broomhandle, I want the Schnellfeuerpistole.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Desert Eagle in .50AE

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

My single-action revolver was purely for fun.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice Bren Ten or at this point Vltor copy.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i always liked the S&W N-frames, and since I have multiple .45's I wanted a model 625 for years. Last year i bought one and a bunch of moon clips and it sits in my safe. I know i will never use it just wanted it.

Posts: 710 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4" SS Python (satin finish) and a S&W 645 w/wood grip panels.

No reason for either one, but man would I like to own both.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
A Desert Eagle and one of those Keltecs in 22mag with the 30 round capacity

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post