SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Traded Mark3 for Mark 4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traded Mark3 for Mark 4 Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Decided to trade in my Mark 3 on a New Mark 4 lite with threaded barrel so I could run my spikes suppressor. The new takedown procedure was a factor, the old models were a real pia

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
i kept my mkII but love the new mk4 as well

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I made the same move. Was never taken with the Mk III. The Mk IIs were much better than their replacements. So far the Mk IV has been great and the takedown is a plus.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I thought about keeping the 3, however I don't really need it and nobody else wanted it, plus, wasn't threaded for the suppressor.

Final nail in the 3 was last time I cleaned it the damn thing was a PIA to put back together, Yeah I've done it plenty of times but the thing wouldn't go back together correctly, and it was difficult to disassemble, got tired of screwing with a stupid designed system where you have to stand on your head juggling the firearm upside down while drinking a glass of water...

New one is Push Button take apart...

Will get it to the range and see how she does...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I, too, went from an MK III to an MK IV and haven’t looked back. The ease of maintenance was a huge seller for me. There were a couple times where I knew I was doing it correctly but the MK III just didn’t want to snap back together. Definitely glad I gave the MK IV a chance.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Just pick up a Mark IV lite. Fun plinker. Like you, the new take down is fantastic compared to the old marks.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post