New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini 9mm's Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a Beretta Nano. Originally, they had a problem with the extractor but Beretta fixed that. Since my extractor was replaced, I have had zero problems with it. It carries well and is very accurate. It’s a striker but it really feels like a revolver. I think it has made me a better shooter. If I ever replace it, it will be the P365 simply because of capacity.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Definitely would not consider the EMP a mini pistol.

For me, it depends on what I'm wearing. If it's really hot outside and I want to go with thinner clothing, I'm going with the P938. If it's a little heavier clothing, I'll go with the XDs. If it's hoodie or jacket weather, I'll go with the EMP.

The P938 is great for when I'm biking.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the Shield 9 and liked it. I still have the Shield 45. But my answer to your survey is the KIMBER Micro 9 and it’s twin the P938. Both very reliable, easy to pocket carry, or in a holster over or inside the waistband. I feel very safe with them cocked and locked, and the ability to rack the slide while locked.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry a Ruger LCR in 9mm much of the time.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always said I have no use for a carry gun that isn't double stack.

Well, messed up my back real good two weeks ago. Still having some sciatic pain that gets aggravated by a tight belt. I am really coming around on the idea of having a pocket carry option. I'm still gonna want as much capacity as I can, so I'm looking hard at the P365 and seeing if they're gonna iron out it's problems (real or perceived).

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I started off in the days when the S&W 36 and the PPK were small carry guns. I've tried many different guns through the years, in search of the best concealed pistol for me. They always lacked something, either being too small to shoot comfortably/ accurately, too little capacity for my liking, not small enough, or not powerful enough.

The P365 is currently the best pistol that meets all of my criteria.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Pocket carry a G43 every day. Great little pistol

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started with a Shield 9mm till my wife took it away from me. The 43 was just released so I got one and carried it for a couple of years. Much easier to pocket carry than the Shield.
Then came the "Oh my..." moment. Thats the day I took my P365 to the range and put the first 100 rounds through it. Now my EDC, it is a Gen 2 and absolutely awesome!

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Not a mini, but when wearing camo pants, pocket carry a Glock 26. To me, it is the all around perfect small pistol for size vs. capacity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
For me the Walther PPS and I have the original version. Only poly slim sub compact 9MM that I can shoot really well, though I have not tried a Glock 43 yet, and for me it shoots as well as some of my full size pistols. It is a bit on the heavy side due to the internal steel frame but IMO that helps a lot with it being such a good shooter. I usually CCW IWB with the 7 round magazine but the 6 round magazine is sweet if I feel I need to be extra discreet. For me the Walther PPS also offers all day CCW comfort. It has been perfectly reliable too.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Kel-Tec PF-9 should be on that list; that small, light and flat 9mm was around way before half of the others were, especially the LC9 and G43.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
P938

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
For pocket carry, the G43. However, as I continue to shoot the P365, the natural question is how many rounds is enough to satisfy any concerns about the pistol?

While I'm seeing videos such as the MAC presentation in which the pistol failed at 900 rounds, and other saying theirs failed at a few rounds out of the box, thus far my own sampling has produced nothing but reliability, accuracy, and a perfectly functioning pistol. What point does one say it's good?

From a size perspective, and from my experience thus far, the P365 is an ideal candidate for pocket carry (for me, in a DeSantis holster). I'll still give it more range time as I tend to be quite conservative in what I'll trust, but thus far I'm ready to trust the G43 without hesitation, and will continue to carry that.

Does your P365 exhibit extreme striker drag? If it does then every time you fire it, you are one round closer to failure.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted for PPS, but to be honest, I rarely carry it because of it's size/weight. Instead, I carry a 380 LCP II. I would love to find a smaller 9mm with a reputation for quality and reliability. Seriously considering a Ruger LC9s.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Kahr PM9 currently, waiting on the P365 to get out of beta because I'd love to see it succeed.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
PM9 in the pocket for 11 years now. Nothing has come out that would change my mind.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith & Wesson CS9

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hatchee:
...Instead, I carry a 380 LCP II. I would love to find a smaller 9mm with a reputation for quality and reliability...

My minimum carry is an LCP I, but my PM9 (or its cheaper almost twin bother CM9) also fits in a pocket.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PM9 in a Desantis Nemesis right now, waiting on Ryan to build me a pocket holster.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The Kel-Tec PF-9 should be on that list; that small, light and flat 9mm was around way before half of the others were, especially the LC9 and G43.

Have a P11 in my pocket right now.
A bit thick for pocket carry, but it works.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post