Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini 9mm's Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
OK...so last week I putout a question about the 43 vs shield. After all the replies....I figured a poll would be better.

Tell us your stories...good or bad that stand out about your CCW. Anything you've had forever.

Question:
What mini 9mm do you choose for CCW.

Choices:
Glock 43
S&W Shield 9mm
Sig P365
Walther PPS (M1, or M2)
Ruger LC9s
Springfield XDs
Springfield EMP
Kimber 9mm Micro
Kimber Solo
Colt 1911 9mm/.45 Defender
Kahr
Other...
Non 9mm mini pistol

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Carried a Kahr CM9 for years. Recently been trying a G43 again. The Kahr is easier to pocket carry.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Carried a Kahr CM9 for years. Recently been trying a G43 again. The Kahr is easier to pocket carry.

Yep. I carry both (not at the same time), but for me the G-43 is not a pocket gun.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I've had a PM9 for ~16 years. Carried it extensively for many years. Still have it but don't carry it because I prefer a Glock style trigger.

Had a Kimber solo--traded it for a Hi-Power.

Had an XDs--traded it for a Smith 669.

Had an LC9--sold it.

Have a Glock 43. Have it but don't carry it because my PD issues a Glock 42 for off duty/back up, and that is what I typically carry.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Sig P938. Metal frame, accurate, reliable. Small. Got mine February 2014. 938-9-NMR-aMBI

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a Kahr P9 Covert for years and it is my go to off duty cary piece that entire time. Never had an issue with it. I have had a S&W M60, PPK, PPK/s, Glock 27, and several other small handguns. While the Kahr has been the only 9mm for that time it has always been in the #1 spot.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I carry the Walther PPS M2, IWB, when I wear a suit for work.
It’s accurate, and reliable. Disappears without an issue.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sometimes pack a P250 Sub Compact in 9mm. So other, I guess.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCW is a P938 now, looking forward to the P365.

Posts: 449 | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
S&W Chiefs Special 9mm - CS9. I like it so much I just bought a second stainless variant off Gunbroker.

Small, thin, light weight, bet your life reliable amd accurate. Easily concealed. I wouldnt buy anything else in 9mm. It is my perfect "gun for when I cant have a gun". Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Carried a Rohrbaugh for years.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Other, but not a mini/micro 'other'. Or a 9.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pillboxesghost:
Original 9mm Shield (not 2.0) for me. 9 rds. with Magguts +2 kit. Grip is now just long enough to catch my little finger.

Trigger on mine was very good "out of the box"; maybe just luck. But occasionally they have to screw up and make one 'just right'.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
30+ years of EDC for me. The last couple of years I've used single stack 9mms - but for me they are not the answer for EDC.

I decided that the Glock 26 is the smallest 9mm that I want for an EDC gun. Currently carrying a customized Gen 3 26 that has a grip reduction and stippling that fits me perfectly. I also have my 19s.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P938 is, IMHO, the easiest shooting pocket 9 on the market today. Amazingly accurate. I bought mine in late 2014 and it has been in my pocket nearly every day since.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 is thin and always works. Only needed upgrade was night sights.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
SIG 938 938-9-AGF-AMBI
I enjoy carrying it. It runs great.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I usually carry my PC S&W .45 Shield or EMP 9 for daily CC, but now that I've completed my break in and JHP load evaluation with my 365, that pistol has entered the carry rotation, mostly as a BUG. My G43 and 938 still pull BUG duty periodically..

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For pocket carry, the G43. However, as I continue to shoot the P365, the natural question is how many rounds is enough to satisfy any concerns about the pistol?

While I'm seeing videos such as the MAC presentation in which the pistol failed at 900 rounds, and other saying theirs failed at a few rounds out of the box, thus far my own sampling has produced nothing but reliability, accuracy, and a perfectly functioning pistol. What point does one say it's good?

From a size perspective, and from my experience thus far, the P365 is an ideal candidate for pocket carry (for me, in a DeSantis holster). I'll still give it more range time as I tend to be quite conservative in what I'll trust, but thus far I'm ready to trust the G43 without hesitation, and will continue to carry that.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

This. Exactly. Both an MK9 Elite & a CM9.

I've tried (and purchased) all the others + a Rohrbaugh and keep coming back to the Kahrs.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post