New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini 9mm's Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
My only experience with a mini 9mm is the Walther PPS M2.

I was able to shoot it as well as my G17 at 7yards.
To me, that is exceptional.

What was truly eye-opening, was the soft recoil impulse and control.

Much nicer to shoot than my Walther PPK/s (Interarms) in .380.

Though, the SW 36 is still a favorite.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I have never felt the need to carry a mini. P225 is as small as I go in 9mm

+1 on the P225. Also recently added a Kahr K9 , and that would be the smallest 9 I am comfortable with. If I can't have three fingers on the pistol Grip then its not a pistol for me.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
My vote was Sig P365, but I plan to send some lead down range with my new Springfield XD-E 9mm this weekend.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It probably doesn’t really count as a sub compact 9mm for most folks but being 6'4" the P225A1 is about as small as I am willing to go. Given that I have the sort of hands that Beretta had in mind when they designed the 92 series I find most sub compact pistols to be too small and uncomfortable to shoot.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H&K P30SK. Comparable in size with G26, plus the option of the LEM trigger and a manual safety in the P30 SKS version.

Alternates with a USP Compact 45 with LEM trigger an manual safety.

Posts: 7 | Registered: March 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
G26 is usual carry, but I carry a G43 when needed. For pocket carry, I usually have an LC9. BTW, I also have an XDS that I still like well enough I won’t get rid of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger LCR .22 WMR with Hornady FTX. It is only a BUG probably never use my main pistol. With the Hornady ammo the powder burns up in a 2" barrell and can obtain 15" penetration in balistic gel. .38 snub nose hurt my hands and I have not found any .380's I like yet.

It works for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Kahr PM9. Love that little gun.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Carried a Kahr CM9 for years. Recently been trying a G43 again. The Kahr is easier to pocket carry.

This. Exactly. Both an MK9 Elite & a CM9.

I've tried (and purchased) all the others + a Rohrbaugh and keep coming back to the Kahrs.

MK9 and CM9 for me as well. I foolishly let my PM9 go a while back but the CM9 has been great. My MK9 is not an Elite but based on some feedback I received, I contacted Kahr and they said the SN on my MK indicated that it had the Elite trigger. I always thought it felt better than the PM9 I had.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1235 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
OOPS...Double tap.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1235 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
Summer a SIG P938, either pocket or IWB. Winter CZ 2075 RAMI BD, IWB or pocket in outer coat.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are some fine pistols on that list and I've owned a good number of them but, I still carry the Glock 43. Unless, I'm carrying a 640-1!

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Shield. I also have a Rohrbaugh R9 and the P 365. The European style mag release and its inability to cycle +P ammunition are 2 "cons" for the Rohrbaugh. And the 10+1 ammo capability are a very big "plus" for the Sig.

BUT ... I just shoot that Shield a lot better than I do the Sig. Maybe after I get considerable more trigger time with the 365, my personal opinions will change. But as of now, I'll stick with the Shield for carry.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
My only experience with a mini 9mm is the Walther PPS M2.

I was able to shoot it as well as my G17 at 7yards.
To me, that is exceptional.

What was truly eye-opening, was the soft recoil impulse and control.

Much nicer to shoot than my Walther PPK/s (Interarms) in .380.

Though, the SW 36 is still a favorite.

That’s a prime example of blowback vs locked breech.

I had a Seecamp .32 that while heavy was a blowback and it painfully pounded my hand, meanwhile the lighter but locked breech Kel-Tec P-32 I have is actually enjoyable to shoot, it’s such a puppy in comparison.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
P938
Sphinx SDP Subcompact
NAA PUG .22 WM - Hornady Critical Defense

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I have a Beretta Nano. Originally, they had a problem with the extractor but Beretta fixed that. Since my extractor was replaced, I have had zero problems with it. It carries well and is very accurate. It’s a striker but it really feels like a revolver. I think it has made me a better shooter. If I ever replace it, it will be the P365 simply because of capacity.

I have a very early Nano. Took forever to break-in and still tends to prefer 124 gr. Once it got reliable, I installed a Galloway spring kit. It now has an amazing trigger and is fun to shoot. The only reason I don't carry it is the factory grip doesn't fit me well. I use a slip on sleeve but it moves around, so not good for ccw. The capacity is now an even bigger issue. I'm a few weeks away from going to a P365. Waiting on a Clinger V3 Stingray. A Pico will be a BUG until SIG finalizes fixes for firing pins and trigger return springs. Probably a good idea to pocket a BUG anyway. The Pico is perfect; beautifully made and super thin and light. Current EDC is a modified Shield 9

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted XDs. I’ve had a Kahr CM9, Sig 290 and 3 XDs’. Of course I’ve traded/sold every one of them and usually keep a snub 38 instead.

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabaster, Alabama | Registered: January 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, time for an "Old Guy Perspective"!
The one mini 9mm I've kept is....
My Star M43 Firestar.
It's a heavy, all steel little beast (30 oz.) but oh so smooth and shootable. I don't recall it ever having a bobble of any type with any ammunition I've ever used. It just runs... and has kept running.
Still love it after 16 years!

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
Love my P224. It's not mini, but it fills the hand perfectly. It's as compact as I want to go.

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK VP9SK is a very nice compact to carry with 15 rd VP9 mag as a spare. For pocket carry, G43. Both totally reliable.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post