New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini 9mm's Login/Join 
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Springfield XDE. A DA/SA XDs.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Mini 9mm? SIG 938

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 gets my 1st choice. Tiny but shoots like a larger pistol for me.
2nd choice would be p365 once it has a little more time to get the kinks worked out.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
PPS classic works best for me. The P365 is right behind it though and may replace it down the road.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I did carry a Ruger LC9s for a year or two but then decided I did not like the striker fired system.

So, I've changed and oddly enough (this being a Sig forum) I don't see that one listed as a choice.. P290 (with factory laser) what I'm considering trying next is not listed either P250 compact.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Started out with a colt pocket 9 for years, then a 642 for years, now a PM9 for years.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
SIG P938 Blackwood. Good looking, flawless functioning, super accurate, night sights, comfortable to carry and easy to conceal. Being a 1911 fan, I naturally love the P938 platform. The only problem I have had with the gun is it started dropping the seven round extended magazine. It functioned fine with the six rounders and I shot the gun very well with them.

I recently bit the bullet and sent the gun back to SIG for the updated magazine catch and anything else the gun might need. It's on it's way home now.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I (apparently the only one) voted for the Kimber Solo. My reason: should you ever get arrested for unlawfully carrying a weapon, you could argue (and win) in court that it's not really a weapon. Won't load, cycle, or shoot. Statistics will back this up.

Posts: 263 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cndrdk:
I (apparently the only one) voted for the Kimber Solo. My reason: should you ever get arrested for unlawfully carrying a weapon, you could argue (and win) in court that it's not really a weapon. Won't load, cycle, or shoot. Statistics will back this up.

Darn funny Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 is about as mini I would go. Any smaller, I would be pocket carrying, and I dont find the 26 suitable for the pocket.

I thought about the Glock 43, but if I go that size, I might as well carry my 26.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 it works and is a great size though a bit heavy

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Glock 26 is about as mini I would go. Any smaller, I would be pocket carrying, and I dont find the 26 suitable for the pocket.

I thought about the Glock 43, but if I go that size, I might as well carry my 26.

IMO, no Glock works as a pocket gun, not my 19, 26, or even the 43. My LCP and CM9 are my pocket guns.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've tried just about every option out their for concealed carry and FOR ME, the G43 has proven to be the best option. If you like Glocks it's a pretty good carry option. Pocket? not so much but as thin as it is, IWB is very comfortable. It will work in a jacket pocket carry though which I'll use during colder weather. Of course if you don't like Glocks... well that's a different story.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
If I'm carrying a single-stack 9mm pistol, it's most likely my Glock 43 IWB. I like how it shoots and it's lighter than the PPS M1/M2 and Shield, which are my 2nd and 3rd choices for now. I do own a P365 and have several hundred rounds though it but still don't shoot it as accurately as the G43. I think I'll end up liking it more in the future. The P938 and Kahr PM9 are better for pocket carry, but I have other smaller guns for that anyway, so they're not used much.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have never felt the need to carry a mini. P225 is as small as I go in 9mm

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P938. I have owned it for several years. It shoots great and carries fine in my Remora IWB holster.

I have yet to check out a P365 however, if they are as good as reported, one could be in my future.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC (Ret)

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

IMO, no Glock works as a pocket gun, not my 19, 26, or even the 43. My LCP and CM9 are my pocket guns.

That's what I was trying to say. If I'm going smaller than a G26, I will be pocket carrying a different gun altogether, which is also my LCP. My Glocks are carried AIWB.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I was at the range today with some of my pistols. I placed 5 of 6 rounds in a 4 inch circle at 25 yards with my 938, shooting Perfecta 115gr. I have never fired it past 15 yards, but had targets at 25 yards for my others.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonGlock26
posted Hide Post
I tend to pocket carry a Kahr PM9 over my G43.
Lately, I’ve been pocket carrying my G42 with XTP 90 gr JHPs.

I think the G42 is the PPK of the 21st century. I appreciate the light weight, low recoil, excellent accuracy, good sights for small pistol, easy of takedown making quick cleaning and lubrication a snap (very important with daily pocket carry due to lint), and striker design (no hammer to collect debris.

-----------------------------------
"If they don't go concentrating on meaningless cosmetic changes, like rainbow this or two-tone that, or wood grip panels from the ackabalacka tree"-Parabellum

Posts: 1197 | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I have never felt the need to carry a mini. P225 is as small as I go in 9mm

Exactly. When I need a gun, I want a gun. A true combat gun. I would carry a G26 though

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post