Find
Notify
Tools

Mini 9mm's Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Personally, "pocket guns" don't appeal to me at all. Short grips don't either. Some of them are just too "stubby" looking and feeling.

That's why I, personally, like the P365 over the Glock 43 for example. I also prefer double stack in 9mm although I own a Kahr K9. I also don't particular like triggers with tabs.

The PPS looks pretty good, and the Sphinx Compact 9mm looks good, but it's are hard to come by.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted "other" simply because I often carry an LCP or a Sig P290RS. I like the P290RS for its hammer action, and it shoots well and fits in my pocket.I would guess that it is now out of production.
I am looking at the P365, but will wait for probably another year and see how it goes. Too many issues with it up to now. I would also like to have a safety, if possible.
I also have had a Glock 26 for many years and like it a lot, but of course it is too big for a pocket.

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A G26 works great in the pocket. I often carry a G33 in a DeSantis pocket holster.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
A G26 works great in the pocket.

What kind of pockets do you have, because I could never get a brick like a G26 in one of mine.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

What kind of pockets do you have, because I could never get a brick like a G26 in one of mine.

Yeah, I can just barely get a G43 in the pocket of my cargo Mountain Khaki's. A G42 on the other hand fits well. No way a double stack is going in there.

I too would rather have a full sized 9mm. But given my work environment and dress codes, there's no way I can carry one at work. So it's either small gun, or no gun.

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Well, you might get it in there, but everyone you meet will probably think you're happy to see them.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
I have a CM9 that has been flawless, fits rightin my jeans back pocket, going to send it off to cylinder and slide to throat n polish internals and it will be my hot weather ccw, G19 in winter

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you never get a photo of the dude 'pocket carrying a G26'.

"Oh, I meant cargo pockets".

You've obviously never run or moved quickly with a G26 type gun in there, banging on your knee.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Well, you might get it in there, but everyone you meet will probably think you're happy to see them.

No more noticeable than my wallet in the the other front pocket.

The G43 is the same size as the G26, just thinner. Both fit fine. I'm not a big person. Nobody knows I have a firearm unless I tell them or them bump my pocket.

quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:

I too would rather have a full sized 9mm.

I would rather have a full size pistol too, and normally carry a compact (G32) in .357 Sig.

The G43 can be carried most of the time in most situations, even when carrying another pistol. It's light, thin, convenient, and works great out of the pocket.

The G33 is a great substitute, however, as it takes the same magazines as the G32.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boilergonzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twodollarbill:
CCW is a P938 now, looking forward to the P365.

P938 here, also. Just got a 365, but have not had many rounds through it yet, so 938 is still my choice.

Posts: 503 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 in IWB
Kahr CM9 in an Ankle Lite

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, you never get a photo of the dude 'pocket carrying a G26'.

I carry a G26 in my right front pocket, not the huge cargo pocket down by your knee. I pocket carry only. My current pocket carry guns are G26, G43, G42, Ruger LCP, and Smith & Wesson 340. My body size never worked for IWB or OWB, so I have pocket carried for almost 15 years straight now.

The key is to have large pockets. My current shorts are Tru-Spec Original tactical cargo shorts. A little too tactical looking for my taste, but they are comfortable, and they have a million pockets that come in handy, and the right front pocket is DEEP and can easily conceal a G26 no problem. I could probably pocket carry a G19 in these shorts, although I haven't tried it. I wear these shorts 365 days a year (have about 6 or 7 pairs of them in different colors). Yeah I'm a fashion icon. So what.

https://www.truspec.com/24-7-s...inal-tactical-shorts

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I carry a G26 in my right front pocket, not the huge cargo pocket down by your knee.

Hah! I tried the cargo-pocket trick exactly once with a G26. Every step I took, it was like somebody was hitting me in the knee with a brick. I can do regular pocket carry with a G26, but I prefer something slimmer, like a Shield. I mostly carry the G26 in a fanny pack when I'm hiking or mountain biking.

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:The key is to have large pockets.

Yup. People wonder how a Colt 1903 came to be called a "pocket pistol." It's simple: pockets used to be bigger.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

"Are you really happy to see me, or is that a .50 BMG in your pocket?"

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post