SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX Magazine Loaders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX Magazine Loaders Login/Join 
Picture of cxm
posted
I got a SIG MPX for a Christmas present(having a wife who shoots is wonderful Smile )

Unfortunately, I didn't get to shoot it much until a week or so ago... I really like the gun... but loading the mags is a major pain... They are STIFF!!! On top of that loading the 30rd mags is a slow process.

For years and years I have sort of scoffed at magazine loaders... and in general I found them a waste of time and money... I tried several types all all wound up in one of the junk drawers...

I tried Uzi mag loaders, Glock magazine loaders and several other 'wonder' loaders... all wound up in the junk pile.

A few weeks ago I got S&W Shield .45. To my surprise it was not possible to load the magazine by hand... I'm not talking the last round or two... I'm talking the first or second round. This was unexpected because I could load the Shield 9 and Shield 40 pretty easily... not like a 1911, SIG or Glock, but not really difficult either.

The Shield 45 is different. I have all five mags loaded and I'm allowing them to take a 'set' if they will.

Looking for a solution, I talked to Greg Cote the magazine guy from whom I bought my spare magazines S&W magazines. He suggested trying the Uplula universal loader which fixed the problem muy pronto. I was quite pleased.

While on the phone Greg (who is a really helpful and friendly guy as well as having excellent mag prices, FAST delivery and wide selection... (unpaid promotional announcement Wink ) I asked if he had anything that would work with my SIG MPX 'pistol' given those magazines were pretty stiff, slow to load and not easy to load... the last 10 or rounds being very difficult.

Greg suggested the RAE-711 made by RAEIND which he stocks. His site has nice videos showing in action...

VIDEO 1

https://youtu.be/5I5yc9Y9mUE

VIDEO 2

https://youtu.be/h_f0D-f1bvI

Not only does teh RAE 711 work well it loads six rounds at one shot... AND... it also has an UNLOAD function, which can be useful ...I am impressed to say the least. (RAE advertises it loads five rounds at a time, but one video shows six and my experience confirmed it would load siz at a time... making it possible to load a MPX magazine with five actions.

MPX makes other loaders but just two that loads multiple rounds... but given how well the 711 works I would expect to see more versions in the future... a loader for the AR15 9mm mags would be nice.

Ayway, the videos are short and worth watching by anyone with an MPX.

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1348 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm quite fond of MAGLULA mag loaders and have been using their new one they make for the MPX, which has been working great thus far for me.

I haven't used the 6-round-at-a-time loader you reference in the video, but I'm pretty sure that I can load my MPX mags with the MAGLULA at least as fast, if not substantially faster than what's shown in the video!

Odds are that a one-step loading process is likely to be more efficient and therefore naturally faster than a piecemeal, two-step process. If the charger thingy held and loaded all 30 rounds at once...that would be quite different. There are several ones like that for ARs etc. and they are indeed very quick and efficient mag loaders.

You can use the MAGLULA to unload the mag too, though I prefer the more traditional method for doing that. Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again, I'm a complete stranger. What the hell does it matter what I think? (TM)

Posts: 191 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the MOAC course last fall which was a 4,000 round course. I found that I had to keep 10 magazines going to keep up, which meant I was stuffing rounds in magazines every time I stepped off the line. About 800 a day.

I also found i was blistering from the loading.

I never thought much about products like the maglula until that course. I immediately bought one. No way I'd have managed to load those rounds for the remainder of the course. I wouldnt consider going to a course again without one or two; spares are always a wise idea).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post